470 Woodbine Ave. (at Kingston Rd.), Toronto, ON
St. John's Norway Cemetery is vast and scenic - a gorgeous place to practice storytelling through photography - with upcoming All Hallows' Eve.
We'll arrive before sunset and work on strong compositions of gravestones, landscape and somber headstone figures...
The grounds of St. John's Norway Cemetery have been used for the film-sets of "To Die For" and "The Virgin Suicides" - we'll explore them ourselves, with camera in hand.
"Walking through St. John’s feels like you're photographing in through a small-town cemetery. There aren't the massive monuments to millionaires like at Mount Pleasant etc.
Narrow roads run through 35 acres are row upon row of tombstones on the higher elevations of the cemetery, and flat, nearly grown-over markers in the lower area.
The grounds have no gloss and polish - that works in our favour. We'll even run into a few human interest stories..."
What you'll learn:
• Story telling in images for enhanced interest and impact
• Composing with background distractions and high contrast
• INCLUDED: Video tutorial - B&W photography & post processing best practices
• Adding subtle light to your images for impact
• Making maximum use of light direction
What to bring with you:
• DSLR or advanced compact camera
• A soft cloth or small towel; we'll explain
• Lens recommendation: 50mm and longer, or a zoom
• Warm clothes & gloves - it can get chilly
• We'll have a map of the grounds for you
Absolute beginners welcome - Katy & I will help you with what we'll learn - this is a fully guided event.
That's it, RSVP & you're ready to join us!
Exhibiting photographer & teacher for over 25 years; visual thinker for life...
I have a great interest in composition & other people's perspectives. Group Co-organizer!
Refunds offered if:
Additional notes: Full refund if the event fills up & someone takes your place. Full refund if the event is moved & you can't access the location. If, at any time, anything in the course is unclear to you, email me & I'll make sure you get all your questions answered.
Payments you make go to the organizer, not to Meetup. You must make refund requests to the organizer.