addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Save this Meetup!

This Meetup no longer has an Organizer.
Without an Organizer, it will disappear from our website in 9 day(s).

You can join this Meetup and become the Organizer.

ExpressionEngine Los Angeles Message Board › Looking for LA ExpressionEngine speakers!

Looking for LA ExpressionEngine speakers!

Kelly S.
kellysims
Torrance, CA
Hi Everyone!

Wow, it's mid-March already? Too fast, we need to slow down and have some more ExpressionEngine meetups!

I'd love to hear from you if you've ever thought about presenting a topic to the group, and even if you haven't! Have you got ideas about topics but are nervous to present? Let me know, maybe someone else could help.

Here are some topic ideas that we haven't covered before:

• Newbies, set up an ExpressionEngine website from scratch
  • ExpressionEngine add-on development, how to get started or best practices... something along those lines.
  • Pitching ExpressionEngine over other CMS's to the client. Why ExpressionEngine rocks.
  • Responsive design using ExpressionEngine
  • Version control with ExpressionEngine
  • Pulling in outside data to ExpressionEngine. Migrations, external data, etc.
  • Optimizing ExpressionEngine for speed.

These are just some quick thoughts. Let me know what you think, if you have ideas, etc. I'm also considering reaching out to non-locals for presentations. We could easily pipe in a Skype session or Google Hangout of some kind.

Take care,

Kelly
Niall T.
user 42038072
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 1
I'd like to attend. I've just started using expression engine.

I'm visiting from London flying out tomorrow (20th March) and will be in LA for 4 days.

Would like to get to know the EE community and see what interesting things you lot are doing..

Niall
Kelly S.
kellysims
Torrance, CA
Post #: 11
I'd like to attend. I've just started using expression engine.

I'm visiting from London flying out tomorrow (20th March) and will be in LA for 4 days.

Would like to get to know the EE community and see what interesting things you lot are doing..

Niall

Hi Niall,

Unfortunately, I don't have a meetup scheduled this week. I'm looking for speakers to set one up. Hopefully we will have something scheduled the next time you drop in. There is a London EE group you might try when back home, http://www.meetup.com...­.

Kelly