Wednesday is looking pretty quiet, so I'm looking to bring some awesome people to The Cellar again for some fun (drinks, dancing and general socializing) ^_^
The Cellar is one of our popular dance spots post-Doolin's, but as it's a weekday, some of us can't go all night. The event organizers are aware of this, so they're starting early again this month. The Cellar is opening up at 8:00pm for cocktail hour to make it easier for us to meet and chat before they dim the lights and open up the dance floor. (Bonus: early access to the palm readers!)
Here is what's going on for us this event:
- Anthony is providing our group with 2 for 1 passes entry (regular cost is $10 per ticket, so we get in $5 each) for the first 30 attendees
- Show up between 8:00 and 8:30 and you'll meet your hosts from the establishment, and score yourself a free drink
- We have access to the the stage/lounge area, and priority alcohol service from the bar right beside (get that wrist band!)
- The doormen will be looking out for ESV group members at the door for those who arrive late (or I miss them in between my front door checks)
This is a special singles event with a few cool happenings:
- Numbers given to every person in the door, with a message box each; see someone you want to meet? Leave a message for them (low pressure). Check your own throughout the night and meet new friends or that special someone!
- Everyone also receives a matchbox with a word in it. Meet the guy/girl with your matching word ("Meet your match"), and you get a free drink!
- Palm readers to tell you your fortune
- A magician with some great impromptu magic tricks
This event has grown over the past few months, so turnout is great no matter the night of the week. If you'd like to pay up front, I'll be around at Toby's next Monday for Board Games, but since I don't go often, cash at the door is more likely ($5 for you, or $10 for you and a friend).
Full disclosure: The organizers are receiving discount tickets for entry to the event, which is paid directly to the venue (includes a drink from our bartenders).
If anybody is showing up after 9:30/10:00, you will (probably) be responsible for regular ticket price/cover charge to get in. This will (probably) not include a free drink. So I highly suggest trying to get there earlier and meet fellow ESV'ers and our hosts. I'll do my best to stay until the end, but I may have to head out to catch a skytrain if my ride isn't up as late as myself ;)
As usual if you're going to be late or can't find the group then send me a text at [masked]. I will also be handing out wristbands to everybody throughout the night to help you identify who is in the group later in the evening when some people have moved to the dance floor, and so our bartenders will look out for us when drink time gets busy. If you have a wrist band already then please remember to bring it. Thanks everyone! It's going to be an awesome night! If you have any questions please leave a comment below.