fUUsion is the young adult (generally 20s and 30s) social group associated with the Unitarian Universalist Community of Santa Monica (http://www.uusm.org). Our activities include hikes, museum outings, karaoke nights, meals out, book discussions, happy hours, community service projects, potlucks, movie nights, documentary screenings/discussions and just about anything else we're interested in doing together. Join us to meet some new, like-minded friends!
Unitarian Universalism (UU) (http://www.uua.org) is a very liberal, "radically inclusive" movement that welcomes people from many religious or secular backgrounds to create community around shared values rather than dogmas or belief systems. The UU "deeds not creeds" approach emphasizes a free-thinking search for truth, religious tolerance, social justice, celebrating life and making this world a better place.
1. The inherent worth and dignity of every person;
2. Justice, equity and compassion in human relations;
3. Acceptance of one another and encouragement to spiritual [or personal] growth in our congregations;
4. A free and responsible search for truth and meaning;
5. The right of conscience and the use of the democratic process within our congregations and in society at large;
6. The goal of world community with peace, liberty, and justice for all;
7. Respect for the interdependent web of all existence of which we are a part.
Unitarian Universalists are often interested in things like social and environmental justice, LGBT equality, human rights and spiritual/personal growth. They may identify with a diverse range of religious traditions (Buddhism, liberal Christianity etc.) and/or spiritual interests. A significant number of UUs identify with atheism, agnosticism and/or humanism.
UU Santa Monica Church Service (http://www.uusm.org/sundays-and-services)s are at 9 and 11AM Sunday Mornings and include music, prayer/meditation and a sermon or guest speaker on a wide array of topics. A social hour with coffee and snacks follows each service, and is a great place to meet and talk to interesting people. This Meetup group is primarily for our other outings and activities.