As a working parent sometimes just making it all the way to bedtime feels like a victory...let alone keeping up with friends, and planning activities for the kids. For some folks, that comes naturally, for the rest of us, having a low maintenance, semi-structured social group can make planning and staying in touch a lot easier.
So, with that in mind, I've taken this group over at the request of the previous organizer in hopes of maintaining a relaxed and welcoming group for families to stay in touch with friends, and make new ones.
• Activities geared toward older kids 7 – 12 (as opposed to babies and toddlers)
• Will meet mostly in or around Fairfax County
• Best suited for working or single parents
• Most meetups planned Friday eve – Sunday eve or holidays.
• Activities will be mostly kid-centric, stuff like: parks and playgrounds, bike/ scooter/skateboard rides, spray zones, splash-pads or water parks, hikes/walks, museums or monuments, home get-togethers, etc.
* Anyone is welcome to plan or participate in any meetup, and bring additional family or friends if they wish--the more the merrier. I simply ask that everyone be respectful, and maintain an awareness that people are imperfect, kids are not always sweet, and not everyone values the same behaviors, language,music, religion, parenting style...etc.
* All group members can choose to opt in, or out, of any activity proposed by the group, and shall bear all cost and responsibility for their own family or guests during any group event. By requesting to join, you accept this statement by default.