What we're about
Hello! We are a small group of moms with young children looking for friendship and activity for ourselves and our children. If you have a small child and are interested in weekly activities with a core group of friends, please join us! We are generally located in the Fairfax area, and our meet-ups are split between home playdates and other external activities in the Fairfax, Reston, Chantilly and surrounding areas.
We expect members to be active and contribute. The base of our meet-ups is rotating playdates sponsored by our members. Members traditionally host playdates in their home, but this isn’t essential. If your home isn’t suitable for a playdate for any reason, you can host a playdate at a park, the mall, or some other location of your choosing. Need some suggestions? Just ask. Members are expected to host a meet-up at least once a quarter, and participation in other meet-ups monthly or more is encouraged. Members who repeatedly no show or are absent for over 3 months will be asked to leave the group.
Families with infant, toddlers, and preschool children are welcome to join. Most of our gatherings are centered around toddlers, but as our families expand we may be adding events for other age groups.
Thank you for your interest and we hope to see you soon!
These rules help keep the membership current and our numbers under control. We are looking to foster a small tight-knit community and this can’t happen in a large group where we can’t remember everyone’s names.
1) Interested parties are allowed a free group trial for 30 days. After 30 days, all parties must pay the $10 annual fee to become a member.
2) This meet-up requires active participation. Members are required to host a minimum of four meet-ups annually. The location and scope of the meet-up is determined by the individual members. Members can request to host a meet-up when they have a preferred date/time, or they can wait to be assigned a time by an organizer.
3) Members are expected to participate in meet-ups on a monthly basis, however, several month gaps in participation are acceptable. At a minimum, members must participate every 90 days to be eligible to remain in this group.
4) No shows are incredibly frustrating to event organizers, especially when you are trying to manage a little one while waiting for someone to show up. Members should make every effort to update their attendance status prior to an event to let the organizer know if and when you will be arriving. Members with more than 2 no shows will be asked to leave the group.
5) Please do not bring a sick child to an event. While we understand that some children always have a runny nose, please use your best judgment to ensure the health of all of our members.