What we're about
Hello! We are a small group of moms with young children (babies, toddlers, preschoolers, and even some young schoolers) looking for friendship and activity for ourselves and our children. If you have a young child and are interested in monthly activities with a core group of friends, please join us! We are generally located in the Fairfax area, and our meet-ups are split between home playdates and other external activities in the Fairfax, Reston, Chantilly and surrounding areas.
We are an intentionally small group and we expect members to be active and contribute. We welcome all backgrounds and schedules, as long as you are willing to share the responsibility of the group and add to our community. All members are expected to participate on a monthly (or more frequent basis), and help host a meetup 3-4 times per year. Our meetups generally fall into these categories:
1) Playdates for babies & toddlers: We love to provide the opportunity for socialization as well as companionship for young childen and the mom's alike. Many of these meetups occur in our homes but we also meet in parks, libraries, and play centers.
2) Community meetups for our families: We try to arrange a family meetup afterschool or on the weekend so that all parents and our school age childen can join. Often these occur at parks or libraries and involve some potluck.
3) Mom's only activities: We all need a night off, so we try to meet 1-2 times per month to go out to dinner, have wine at a friend's house, or discuss a book.
Thank you for your interest and we hope to see you soon!
These rules help keep the membership current and our numbers under control. We are looking to foster a small tight-knit community and this can’t happen in a large group where we can’t remember everyone’s names.
1) Interested parties are allowed a free group trial for 30 days. After 30 days, all parties must pay the $15 annual fee to become a member.
2) This meet-up requires active participation. Members are required to host 3-4 meet-ups annually. The location and scope of the meet-up is determined by the individual members. Members can request to host a meet-up when they have a preferred date/time, or they can wait to be assigned a time by an organizer.
3) Members are expected to participate in meet-ups on a monthly basis, however, several month gaps in participation are acceptable. At a minimum, members must participate every 90 days to be eligible to remain in this group.
4) No shows are incredibly frustrating to event organizers, especially when you are trying to manage a little one while waiting for someone to show up. Members should make every effort to update their attendance status prior to an event to let the organizer know if and when you will be arriving. Members with more than 2 no shows will be asked to leave the group.
5) Please do not bring a sick child to an event. While we understand that some children always have a runny nose, please use your best judgment to ensure the health of all of our members.