Announcing a new Meetup for The Calgary Boardgames Meetup Group!
What: Brentwood Coop Meetup & Annual Christmas Game Exchange
When: December 6,[masked]:00 PM
Where: Click the link below to find out!
Meetup Description: Time for our ANNUAL CHRISTMAS GAME EXCHANGE! Apologies for the short notice but I wanted to make sure we kept up with our annual tradition and this is the only Saturday the Coop had free in December.
Where: Brentwood Coop Auditorium. Enter through main doors, turn right, take another right at the bakery section and head downstairs to the auditorium.
The game exchange will start at 4pm. If you want to participate, make sure you arrive before 3:30 and are present at 4pm for the draw. Otherwise, this will be an open gaming event just like any other. The game exchange is completely optional. Here's how the game exchange works:
- anybody who wishes to participate can bring along one (1) game from their collection that they are willing to donate to the pool
- this game must be in mint (new) to excellent shape (played once or twice but otherwise perfect)
- recommended value between $25-$50 (as long as it's worth at least $25 I don't really care how generous you are!)
- participating gamers will get a ticket when they add their game to the pool
- I'll draw names or numbers out of a hat, first person drawn gets to pick a game first from the pile. I'll proceed with the name drawing until everyone has a game.
-I'll seed the pool with a couple extra games (you're more than welcome to do the same). Participants will then go through the remaining games in reverse order. By doing so, the people who picked last will get an opportunity to draw a 2nd time from the pile. That way they don't totally get shafted.
-If by some miracle we have enough games for a 3rd go around, then we will start the game drafting again, this time from 1st to last (I suspect this won't happen).
> What kinds of games do you play?
We play a variety of board and card games at this event. If you have any specific types of games you wish to play, please bring them with you but there is always plenty to choose from. Please visit Board Game Geek for more details on the kinds of games we play.
> I don't know how to play these games
There is nothing to worry about as there are plenty of people who are more than willing to teach games. Members are friendly, enthusiastic and love games and gaming!
We strive to foster an environment of fun so bring along a friend or three.
> Any cost?
The venue and event are totally free! Just come and enjoy.
> Outside food or drink?
No outside food or beverages are permitted. Visitors are able to purchase food/drink at the venue if they desire.
Learn more here:http://boardgames.meetup.com/33/calendar/9249491/