We are a local Salt Lake City group dedicated to helping all families connect their children to nature in and around the Salt Lake City region with regularly scheduled, year-round outings. We focus on outdoor free time and encourage adults to follow their children's lead, fostering their natural sense of wonder and awe. Occasionally we will offer guided outings and special nature activities, crafts, etc. However, the main focus is to allow for unstructured time to explore the outdoors. Family Adventures in Nature (FAN) is open to ANYONE with the ambition to connect their family to nature. We want to help you take the next step in this direction. So, whether you are a seasoned outdoor enthusiast or a beginner, you are welcome. Bring your sense of adventure and be prepared to have fun!
Simple guidelines and requirements for this group include:
• An adult must always accompany children. That guardian is fully responsible for his/her child.
• Dress appropriately for the weather (layers and sun protection) and outdoor conditions (getting wet and/or dirty).
• Please always bring water and a snack. You may also wish to pack a picnic, (in your backpack or car), for after the outing has ended.
• While these items are not required to explore nature, some explorer tools like magnifying glasses, bug boxes, field guides, nature journals, etc. will be available for the children to share on the outing. Feel free to bring along any of your own as well.
• While we mostly keep to designated trails, children will be encouraged to explore their surroundings. This may mean that, when it is okay, they explore off trail or handle appropriate nature treasures.
• Please leave your four-legged family members at home.
• Respect others and the environment.
• Please arrive on time. The leader will depart from the meeting point after 15 minutes of waiting for participants who responded that they were attending. No one is obligated to stay for the duration of the outing. Any time spent outdoors is better than not at all!
• Be prepared to relax and have fun!
New members must be approved by the Organizer
Content of this Meetup Group is only visible to members