Back by popular demand, we are holding our 2nd Photo Scavenger Hunt in San Francisco, this time in the area encompassing Union Square, the Theater District, and SOMA (South of Market) neighborhood.
At this event you will team with others to solve clues taking you to various locations in this area to photograph. These areas are rich with culture and commerce: from Yerba Buena Gardens and a myriad of museums and galleries, to large retailers and small shops.
This event carries a $5 fee*, payable in advance on PayPal. [Contact me at [masked] or[masked] to make alternative payment arrangements.]
Here are the details of how this event will work:
1. The starting (and end) point will be Union Square where we will gather at 11am sharp on Saturday, March 23rd. The specific meeting location in the square will be sent to all those RSVP'ing closer to the date of the event.
2. Attendees will be randomly organized into teams of four people. Each team will need to have at least one digital camera among them.
3. Each team will receive a local area map and a set of clues that will direct them to 10 walkable locations within the area immediately surrounding Union Square and South of Market between 5th and 1st Streets and the 80 freeway.
4. The teams will be required to take a photo at each location to 'mark' that they have successfully found that location. In some cases, there will be specific directions regarding what should be included in the photo (e.g., 'Take a photo that includes a passersby walking a dog at the location.')
5. Teams should try to get their 10 photos and return to the starting point in union Square as quickly as they are able but in any case will be required to return by a certain time, regardless of how many (or few) of the locations they have found and successfully photographed.
6. Gold, Silver, and Bronze prizes will be awarded to the first 3 teams to return with the highest number of verified photos at a "Closing Ceremony".
After the Ceremony, those who wish to can join me for some lite snacks and/or beverages and conversation at a local cafe/bistro/restaurant.
TWO IMPORTANT NOTES:
* - This event will be held rain or shine (unless Hurricane Sandy weaves an unlikely path west). I will only postpone or cancel if it appears there are not enough RSVPs to organize a viable number of teams.
* - Remember to update your RSVP should your plans change; it is important that we have as accurate a count as possible so we can prepare for the event appropriately.
So, sign up and be prepared to exercise both your brains and legs in this fun event. (See: http://www.meetup.com/Fantastic-50s-plus/events/74051362/ to view the comments from our first photo scavenger hunt.)
* This event carries a $5 fee.
Please note Refund Policy: Refunds will be given only if the event is canceled or postponed.