What we're about
This group has been merged into Metro Detroit Athletes [https://www.meetup.com/metro-detroit-athlet... (https://www.meetup.com/metro-detroit-athletes/)], and thus is closed to new members. [02/2017]
This meetup group has a $15 paypal to FHcoedoutdoorsoccer@gmail.com one time joining fee for men. Girls are $5!
Your photo needs to be a picture of yourself for approval.
You need to be a relatively good player.
This group is for good soccer players interested in Semi-Competitive Coed Pickup Soccer (18+) in the Farmington area. The goal for the group is to facilitate friendly pickup soccer at a semi competitive level. We play for fun so the 'friendly competitive' is extremely important to this group. We'd rather lose a goal than risk injury and we welcome similar minded people. If you are overaggressive or a poor sport, you will be removed from the group. ALL PLAY IS AT YOUR OWN RISK! Shin guards are recommended and no sliding tackles.
Each meetup is free with the exception it has a $5 fee if you are late on the day, $5 cancellation fee if you cancel after noon Friday and $10 no show fee. An explanation is not required but do not play again until you have made good. This policy assists for the smooth running of the games and provides some accountability to your team left hanging.
We are fortunate to have many Goalkeepers. Goalies can make calls unilaterally within their box and do not require a consensus for a free kick.
Thank you and have fun!
Legal Disclaimer and Liability Information:
• This community is a private group. Attending events is voluntary by you as a member. Participation in any activity with this group is at your own risk.
• By joining this community as a member or by participating in any meetup activities you agree to indemnify and hold harmless the organizers, coorganizers, assistant organizers, event hosts, and other members from all claims or liability of every type (including court costs and legal fees) for injury or death to any person or for damage to property, loss of personal property or any other wrongful act arising out of or relating to your participation as a member.
• This agreement applies to you and to other persons (as your guests) who may accompany you in these endeavors.
• You also agree to hold the organizers as well as other group members harmless.
• By participating voluntarily in the group, you expressly waive any and all such claims against each and every other member in the group, including without limitation any and all claims against the group organizer, coorganizers, assistant organizers, and event hosts.
• Some injuries might arise from playing/participating in the events of this meetup. By participating voluntarily in the group you understand that you are responsible for your own safety and you shall cover your own medical expenses in the event injuries occur.