addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo
Nancy G.
user 33894952
Group Organizer
Avon, CT
Post #: 21
Firstly, thank you again, Peter, for giving our inaugural talk! I find knowing there are 800+ new apps added to the App Store every day more of a challenge than something to be discouraged by! Also need to find someone to make me an super icon...

I thought I'd start a thread to see what topics people would be interested in for future talks, and to see if there are any volunteers, either to adopt one of the suggestions, or to propose another topic they'd be interested in talking about.

I believe Bhagat is planning something for our next meeting on "Model/View/Controller (MVC)."

I am not an iOS expert, by far, but at some point, I might take a stab at a talk on Storyboards or maybe Design Patterns, a topic that confused me when I first started out with iOS. I don't come from a computer science background (I'm an engineer) and although I have taken various classes in different languages, and had heard of MVC, I didn't know other patterns even existed. Since they appear quite often in iOS programming, perhaps that would be a good topic.

As far as storyboards, I'm using them in my app, but I don't know yet what I might have to offer beyond what the currently available the videos, books and tutorials (especially Ray Wenderlich's) already explain.

Neither of these would be for our next meeting, though! LOL End of school year craziness for the next 6 weeks...

So, please weigh in with topic and talk ideas...