What we're about
Did you know?
• The fashion industry is the 2nd biggest polluting industry?
• In the U.S. alone, textile waste exceeds 13 million tons per year!
• The average sweatshop worker earns an $.50 per hour.
• In developing countries, an estimated 168 million children ages 5 to 14 are forced to work, many of them in the fashion industry.
• Only 20% of the clothes donated to second hand stores get sold and re-used in the U.S..
• The U.S. exports 1 billion lbs of used textiles each year, making it our 8th largest export industry.
What are we doing about it?!?!
We are a group that believes in ethical manufacturing, sustainability, and supporting local designers/brands. Great style should never compromise our ethics or values.
We host events, swaps, talks, all focused on creating a better world... <3
Be The Change:
How is it made?
Who made it?
How much does it really cost?