Get Another Preview of National Data Science Organizers Workshop on November 5-6, 2015, and the Focus on National Data Science Challenges and Hackathons
You have been invited to a join.me online meeting
Join the meeting: https://join.me/fbdwg062915
On a computer, use any browser with Flash. Nothing to download.
On a phone or tablet, launch the join.me app (https://join.me/app) and enter meeting code: fbdwg062915
Join the audio conference:
Dial a phone number and enter access code, or connect via internet.
United States - Atlanta, GA [masked]
United States - Camden, DE [masked]
United States - Detroit, MI [masked]
United States - Hartford, CT [masked]
United States - Los Angeles, CA [masked]
United States - New York, NY [masked]
United States - San Francisco, CA [masked]
United States - Saugus, MA [masked]
United States - Tampa, FL [masked]
United States - Washington, DC [masked]
• 6:30 p.m. Welcome and Introduction Slides (http://semanticommunity.info/@api/deki/files/35889/BrandNiemann10192015.pptx) Data Science for EPA EnviroAtlas (http://semanticommunity.info/Data_Science/Data_Science_for_EPA_EnviroAtlas) Part II and Data Science for EPA Nutrient Data (http://semanticommunity.info/Data_Science/Data_Science_for_EPA_Big_Data_Analytics/Data_Science_for_EPA_Nutrient_Data) with Dr. Joan Aron. Also see Earth Insights from Big Data (http://semanticommunity.info/Data_Science/Earth_Insights_from_Big_Data)
• 7:00 p.m. Brief Member Introductions
• 7:15 p.m. Invited Presentation: Ron Williams, Project Lead-ACE EM-3 (Emerging Technologies), ORD’s Emerging Technologies Program Area, EPA National Exposure Research Laboratory. Slides (http://semanticommunity.info/@api/deki/files/35992/RonWilliams10192015.pdf) See: Federal Crowdsourcing and Citizen Science Toolkit (https://crowdsourcing-toolkit.sites.usa.gov/): The Air Sensor Toolbox: Citizen Scientists Measure Air Quality (https://crowdsourcing-toolkit.sites.usa.gov/air-sensor-toolbox/), EPA Engineer Dr. Gayle Hagler (http://www2.epa.gov/sciencematters/meet-epa-engineer-gayle-hagler-phd) and Dr. Denice Shaw (http://www.nasa.gov/sites/default/files/the_future_is_now_bios.pdf), Associate Chief Innovation Officer, US Environmental Protection Agency, Office of Research and Development.
• 8:15 p.m. Anne Bowser (https://www.wilsoncenter.org/person/anne-bowser), Researcher in Data Science and Visualization, and CoDirector, Commons Lab (https://ccsinventory.wilsoncenter.org/about.html), Science and Technology Innovations Program, Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars See Slides (http://semanticommunity.info/Data_Science/Data_Science_for_EPA_Big_Data_Analytics/Data_Science_for_EPA_Nutrient_Data#Slides_2)
• 8:30 p.m. Open Discussion
• 8:45 p.m. Networking
• 9:00 p.m. Depart
This Meetup was organized for:
• Robin Thottungal (https://www.linkedin.com/in/rathottungal), Chief Data Scientist @ EPA, and Division Director, EAD, OIAA, OEI,
• Greg Godbout (http://federalnewsradio.com/in-depth/2015/09/greg-godbout-epa-cto-serves-internal-it-mission-delivery-folks/), Chief Technology Officer, Environmental Protection Agency, and former Executive Director and Co-Founder of 18F, and
• Jay Benforado, Director, National Center for Environmental Innovation at EPA, and Co-Chair, Federal Community of Practice for Crowdsourcing and Citizen Science (http://www2.epa.gov/innovation/federal-community-practice-crowdsourcing-and-citizen-science)
for the National Data Science Organizers Workshop (http://www.nationalprioritychallenge.org/) on November 5-6, 2015, as an example of:
• data science for curated data sets,
• user-centric digital services focused on the interaction between government and the people and businesses it serves, and
• a Federal Community of Practice on Crowdsourcing and Citizen Science of Big Data that meets bi-monthly to share lessons learned and develop best practices for designing, implementing, and evaluating crowdsourcing and citizen science initiatives.