Welcome to the 2016 Federal Big Data Working Group meetup.
Get an update on the US Department of Agriculture’s Deputy CIO Joyce Hunter and Acting Chief Data Officer Bobby Jones on their Open Data Initiatives and their feedback from OMB. Also, hear from Databricks on their Community Edition, a free version of our cloud-based Spark platform and an overview of the Spark ecosystem.
You have been invited to a join.me online meeting
Join the meeting: https://join.me/fbdwg062915
On a computer, use any browser with Flash. Nothing to download.
On a phone or tablet, launch the join.me app (https://join.me/app) and enter meeting code: fbdwg062915
Join the audio conference:
Dial a phone number and enter access code, or connect via internet.
United States - Atlanta, GA [masked]
United States - Camden, DE [masked]
United States - Detroit, MI [masked]
United States - Hartford, CT [masked]
United States - Los Angeles, CA [masked]
United States - New York, NY [masked]
United States - San Francisco, CA [masked]
United States - Saugus, MA [masked]
United States - Tampa, FL [masked]
United States - Washington, DC [masked]
• 6:00 – 6:30 p.m. Networking
• 6:30 – 6:45 p.m. Welcome and Brief Member Introductions
• 6:45 – 7:30 p.m. Invited Presentation – Joyce Hunter, Deputy CIO for Policy and Planning at USDA; and Bobby Jones, Acting Chief Data Officer at USDA on Open Data Initiative Update
• 7:30 – 8:15 p.m. Databricks presentation on Databricks Community Edition and Spark ecosystem
• 8:15 – 8:45 p.m. Update from Brand K. Niemann on Sematicommunity.info. Brand K. will carry forward his late father’s work found on http://www.semanticommunity.info .
• 8:45 – 9:00 p.m. Networking and wrap-up