Takoma Park, MDUSA
June 2, 2014
Beginner. Just starting to get in this field.
Not in any related to ontology
Indexer at National Agricultural Library where ontology is to be implemented
We have frequent results-focused meetups that provide opportunities for a broad community of participants to focus on big data products for the Federal Big Data Initiative:
• Federal: Supports the Federal Big Data Initiative, but not endorsed by the Federal Government or its Agencies;
• Big Data: Supports the Federal Digital Government Strategy which is "treating all content as data", so big data = all your content;
• Working Group: Data Science Teams composed of Federal Government and Non-Federal Government experts producing big data products; and
• Meetup: The world's largest network of local groups to revitalize local community and help people around the world self-organize like MOOCs (Massive Open On-line Classes) being considered by the White House.
The Federal Big Data Working Group Meetup is also about helping government agencies develop:
• People – Data Scientists/Chief Data Officers
• Process – Data Infrastructure
• Products – Data Publications
• Eastern Foundry
And provide MOOCs/Meetups for training and networking.
Five MOOCs for Big Data Applications and Analytics:
• Practical Data Science for Data Scientists by Niemann Based on Schutt and O’Neil Book
• Data Science for Data Mining by Niemann Based on North Book and Borne Class
• Federal Big Data Working Group Meetups by Niemann and Goodier
• Data Science for Tackling the Challenges of Big Data, MIT ProfessionalX Online Course by Niemann Based on Rus and Madden MOOC
• Data Science for Big Data Application and Analytics MOOC by Niemann Based on Geoffrey Fox MOOC
• Data Science for Mining of Massive Datasets by Niemann Based on Stanford MOOC (IN PROCESS)
• USDA Data Science MOOC by Niemann based on USDA CIO and ACDO on Open Data Plan and Roundtable Meetup
See: Semantic Community and Federal Big Data Working Group Meetup
Xcelerate Solutions actively promotes the Federal Big Data Working Group
2,408 Action Designers
4,294 Python Programmers
Or sign up with email
Already a member? Log in.
Meetup members, Log in