What we're about
The Feldenkrais Method is a remarkable and fascinating approach to learning, movement and change. The lessons, taught in a group, are a form of movement meditation where you awaken mindfulness in action. You are guided through sequences of moving, sensing and resting, all the time deepening the capacity for embodied attention. Lessons are pleasant, gentle and can benefit anyone, as each person works at their own level of ability. Most people experience a difference after the first class, finding a sense of calm as well as more comfort, ease, lightness and increased range of movement.
• Improved posture, co-ordination, core strength and balance
• Easier and fuller breathing, co-ordinated with action
• Deeper self-awareness in yoga, meditation and martial arts
• Relief from pain, excess tension and stiffness
• Increased vitality and calmer clearer thinking
• More efficient movement resulting in enhanced performance for sport, dance, music and drama
Here's what some people have said about their experiences of coming to a Feldenkrais class
"I felt very relaxed and very different after last night’s Feldenkrais lesson – looser and lighter. This has me fascinated now….”
" I feel amazing! All light and poised! Thank you"
"New technique to me but wow how effective! The pain in my shoulder blade has completely gone. I have had issues with it for about 8 months .. But after the lesson the movement in my shoulder is freer and looser... my arm and shoulder feel normal again! Thank you. Amazing healing technique!"
More information at www.philippacastell.com (http://www.movementsense.com)