Interested in learning how to relieve pain, improve your posture, reduce stress, improve your fitness, and move with more ease and comfort? This meetup if for people interested in improving the quality of their life using the Feldenkrais Method. Educational events, free clinics, and awareness through movements classes will be offered.
The Feldenkrais Method is a somatic educational system that utilizes gentle movements and directed attention to enhance your ability to move more comfortably.
We all have an innate ability to learn, grow, and adapt. The Feldenkrais method will help you use that ability to increase the ease, efficiency, and fluidity of your movement. This might include helping you:
• Recover from injury
• Relieve joint pain caused by unnecessary stress on your knees, hips, ankles, or shoulders•
• Improve your posture, flexibility, balance, and coordination
• Sit comfortably while meditating, typing at a computer, or driving your car
• Refine your athletic or musical skills
• Improve your ability to do everyday tasks (e.g. getting up and down stairs or getting into and out of your car)
Your mind is built to gather information, recognize patterns, and create new solutions. However, it can only improve what it attends to. Said another way, you can only change what you are aware of. Unfortunately, few of us are trained to observe the very fine details of how we breathe, stand, walk, run, and move throughout our day. The Feldenkrais method will help bring your awareness to these details, to help you sense what your movement patterns are, and to find alternative choices. The result is that you will move with more freedom, comfort, and grace.