Hey! This is a group for any first-time entrepreneur or aspiring first-time entrepreneur who has not been exposed to startup best practices, or who is simply trying to figure it all out. 90% of startups fail, often for unnecessary reasons. This Meetup will address core principles around idea validation, business model and early customer discovery; but will tackle practical topics as well.
I started this group to help first-time entrepreneurs avoid unnecessary startup failure and thereby save time, money, frustration and thus make entrepreneurship more accessible for new-comers.
This Meetup is in Beta; that means it is a meetup in its formative year. With the support of bright and experienced minds from the startup community (including Lean Startup), and you - we'll collaborate towards the ultimate playbook for First Timers.
The first meetup, will be a hosted crash course on the fundaments I learned along the way from my first startup. There will be a $25 RSVP, to ensure commitment and to validate the demand.
You will walk out with a clear action plan what to do first, what to avoid, recommended books to read, who to follow and a group of new friends. Follow-up meetup programs will be based on feedback and learnings from the first meetup.
This first meetup will be part introduction crash course and part casual interactive workshop. I will share hard lessons, honest stories, and you will get insight on how to start right the first time. You will be put to work and you will get homework to keep you moving forward, even after the first Meetup.
RSVP closes at 12pm day of the event.
- Intro round (round of names, what you hope to achieve and get out of this)
- Mick's roller coaster ride in 5 mins (from idea to raising money to failure)
- The facts about First Time entrepreneurs (the odds are against you, yes)
- Introduction and workshop activity to 'Lean Startup' principles
- Introduction and workshop activity to 'Lean Canvas' business modeling
- Introduction to idea validation and customer discovery.