What we're about
Fitness with Friends is for individuals, ages 35 and up, of all fitness levels who are goal-driven and committed to living healthy active lifestyles. This is a collaborative group, and all members come into the group as event organizers. Each member is most welcome to host and create small or large group events such as kayaking, zumba, walks, laughing yoga, book discussions, basketball, dancing, cooking healthy, socials, sneaker shopping, weight loss, biking and much much more. Our goal is to diversify our fitness activities with like-minded friends while building each other up in mind, body, and spirit. Each member will set his or her goals individually, but our achievements will be celebrated collectively. There's no end to how we can exercise and celebrate together as friends. Let's do it!
Fitness With Friends Guidelines
1) Hosting Events: This is a collaborative group, and every member comes in as an event organizer. Each member is asked to host events and to support others' events. No meetup event is too small for our group. When two or more members come together to support each other's fitness dreams, it's an event!
2) Celebrations: Please let us know when you've reached a personal fitness or health goal, and we'll gladly share in your joy. Let's party!
3) Profile Pictures: Please post a recent, identifiable, individual picture of yourself on your profile. This allows the organizers and members to recognize you at meetup events. Group shots, old photos, scenic pics or other images will not be permitted.
4) RSVP's: Please change your RSVP to "NO" if you can't attend an event. This allows our waiting list people to fill your slot. No-shows will not be permitted to sign up for subsequent events with limited attendance.
5) Plus 1's: This option will not be available for our group. Only members may participate in our events.
6) Home Parties: We require new members to attend a public event before coming to another member's home. For safety purposes we like to meet you at a public place first.
7) Event Fees: If there is an event fee, please be considerate and pay for it - even if something comes up at the time of the event. Organizers and event hosts occasionally use their personal money to make reservations or bookings and count on attendees' payments for reimbursement.
8) Promoting your Business: Our primary focus is friendship, however, those who are certified as personal trainers or coaches are most welcome to let the other members know about their services.
9) Members' ages: Many of our members are in their 40's & 50's, and we prefer that the people joining be over 35.
10) Inactivity: Inactive members will be removed from the group every 3 to 6 months.