This meetup is meant for men AND women who have a passion for football and meeting new people. We welcome all ages 18 to 55 to come join the crew. Generally we have around 14-16 players a game. Not everyone RSVP's on the site so don't be discouraged if there is a low RSVP number. We comment on the page for weather or other issues, so if you are in doubt, you can just check in or message one of our organizers, Sheri or Cordero. <br>
Please BRING PLENTY of WATER and SUNSCREEN! Cleats are preferred.
We MAY have Gatorade and extra water at some games but always come prepared with your own water.
We are looking for competitive games without anyone getting out of control, so all you hotheads can stay at home. We may "trash talk" some during the games but if things get out of control physically or racial, sexist or other inappropriate comments are used, then you WILL be asked to leave permanently.
We are a free Meetup, but accept and appreciate $3 donations if you can spare it! The money goes toward the meetup website fee, park fees, balls, cones, flags, etc.
**NOTE** We currently play at McTyre Park, but not on the football field. Instead we play in the back by the cellphone towers.
----> FACEBOOK PAGE: For game videos, visit: https://www.facebook.com/groups/787561764712832/
RULES OF THE GAME!!!! (Subject to change)
1) This is FLAG football so NO tackling or rough physical play. Pushing or tackling is a 10 yard penalty.
2) We play up to 7 touchdowns... Takes longer than you think!
3)There is technically no blocking BUT you can set a screen like in basketball which is just running in front of someone and stopping to help out a teammate who has the ball.
4) No hurdling or flag guarding
5) Must count 5 Mississippi before rushing the quarterback (could change based on team size)
6) The quarterback can not run past the line of scrimmage, only scramble.
7) Lateral passes are not allowed because a fumble is a dead ball, so there is no risk of a turnover for the offense.
8) Must wait to hike the ball until everyone is ready
9) Good sportsmanship is a MUST. Derogatory or offensive comments will not be tolerated.
New members must be approved by the Organizer
Content of this Meetup Group is only visible to members
Sunday, December 11, 2016 10:00 AM
Saturday, December 17, 2016 10:00 AM
Saturday, December 24, 2016 10:00 AM
Saturday, December 31, 2016 10:00 AM
Saturday, January 7, 2017 10:00 AM
Saturday, January 14, 2017 10:00 AM
Saturday, January 21, 2017 10:00 AM
Saturday, January 28, 2017 10:00 AM
Saturday, February 4, 2017 10:00 AM
Saturday, February 11, 2017 10:00 AM
Saturday, February 18, 2017 10:00 AM
Saturday, February 25, 2017 10:00 AM
Saturday, March 4, 2017 10:00 AM
Saturday, March 11, 2017 10:00 AM
Saturday, March 18, 2017 10:00 AM
Saturday, March 25, 2017 10:00 AM
Saturday, April 1, 2017 10:00 AM
Saturday, April 8, 2017 10:00 AM
Saturday, April 15, 2017 10:00 AM
Saturday, April 22, 2017 10:00 AM