This meetup is meant for men AND women who have a passion for football and meeting new people. We welcome all ages 18 to 100 to come join the crew. Generally we have around 14-18 players a game. Not everyone RSVP's on the site so don't be discouraged if there is a low RSVP number. We comment on the page for weather or other issues, so if you are in doubt, you can just check in or message one of our organizers, Sheri, Cordero or Henry.
Please BRING PLENTY of WATER and SUNSCREEN! Cleats are preferred, but NO METAL CLEATS PLEASE.
We MAY have Gatorade and extra water at some games but always come prepared with your own water.
We are looking for competitive games without anyone getting out of control, so all you hotheads can stay at home. We may "trash talk" some during the games but if things get out of control physically or racial, sexist or other inappropriate comments are used, then you WILL be asked to leave permanently.
We generally play at parks in the Hallandale, West Park, Hollywood, or SE Pembroke Pines area.
GENERAL RULES OF THE GAME!!!! (Subject to change)
1) This is FLAG football so NO tackling or rough physical play. Pushing or tackling is a 10 yard penalty.
2) We play up to 7 touchdowns... Takes longer than you think!
3) Both the ball AND the flag must cross the line for a touchdown.
4) Technically, there is no blocking BUT you can set a screen like in basketball which is just running in front of someone and stopping to help out a teammate who has the ball.
5) No hurdling, diving or flag guarding.
6) Must count 5 Mississippi OUT LOUD before rushing the quarterback.
7) The quarterback CANNOT pass the line of scrimmage, only scramble.
8) Good sportsmanship is a MUST. Derogatory or offensive comments will not be tolerated.