Come join us for our Ft. Myers Area Meeting to raise awareness of Handgun Carry rights in Florida
10AM - 12PM
On the second Saturday of each month, Florida Carry holds local meetings for our members and other second amendment advocates throughout the state. The meetings are informal and hosted by local volunteers who work to insure that it is a pleasant event.
Many participants Open Carry and fish during these events. Other participants carry concealed and may or may not fish at the meetings. These monthly informal events are a way for local second amendment advocates to network, keep up-to-date on current legislation & litigation, and make new friends.
Currently, Florida Carry’s "Second Amendment Saturday" events are held simultaneously in:
- Daytona Beach
- Ft. Myers
- Ft. Lauderdale
You will need your proper saltwater or freshwater fishing license to fish and you have to be fishing (or going to and from) to carry openly.
Concealed Carry requires a valid Concealed Carry License and fishing is not required unless you are carrying unconcealed.
If you are planning on bringing a firearm please abide by these Three Simple Rules:
Hands Off Guns – No Long Guns – Be Safe
- Keep All Hands Off Sidearms & Holsters!
- Do not unholster for any reason other than to save a life.
- Make sure your sidearm is secure in its holster. - Condition Yellow -
- Do not fidget or make adjustments to your handgun or holster in public.
- If you need to make an adjustment, take it to your vehicle.
- If anyone, including the media, asks to see your handgun, just turn your body so they can see or film it in the holster.
- Do not rest your hand on your gun or holster.
- No Long Guns!
- This event is about the carry of handguns and other defensive implements that can currently be carried under Florida law by CWFL licensees.
- The Carry of Long Guns creates some practical issues with physical handling in public venues and is more provocative.
- Always Follow The Basic Gun Safety Rules!
- All guns are always loaded.
- Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy.
- Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on the target.
- Be sure of your target and what is beyond it.