Check out this partial list of African-American vegan authors. Most, but not all, have written cookbooks.
1. Nwenna Kai -- The Goddess of Raw Foods -- check out her website where you can link to her Facebook page, view her YouTube videos on cooking and health, and more. http://www.nwennakai.com/about/
2. Bryant Terry -- Vegan Soul Kitchen and The Inspired Vegan -- http://www.bryant-terry.com/
3. A. Breeze Harper -- Sistah Vegan -- http://sistahvegan.com/category/recipes/
4. Tracye McQuirter -- By Any Greens Necessary: A Revolutionary Guide for Black Women Who Want to Eat Great, Get Healthy, Lose Weight, and Look Phat -- http://byanygreensnecessary.com/
5. Alicia Simpson -- Quick and Easy Vegan Comfort Food, Quick and Easy Vegan Celebrations and Quick and Easy Low-Cal Vegan Comfort Food -- http://aliciacsimpson.com/books.html . Check out her blog here: http://veganguineapig.blogspot.com/ . And check out this website where she is veganizing Paula Deen's recipes: http://theladyandseitan.com/about/
6. Donna M. Beaudoin -- Sister Vegetarian's 31 Days of Drama-Free Living -- http://www.sistervegetarian.com/
7. Robin Quivers -- The Vegucation of Robin: How Real Food Saved My Life -- longtime Howard Stern sidekick -- http://www.mnn.com/health/fitness-well-being/blogs/robin-quivers-vegucation-cookbook-nears-release -- new book with release date of March 26, 2013
8. Dr. Kirt Tyson -- The Raw Truth: The Recipe for Reversing Diabetes -- Check out his Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Dr-Kirt-Tyson-Raw-Doc/158045064310325 . Please note that before he attended medical school, Dr. Tyson was one of the subjects of the film, Simply Raw: Reversing Diabetes in 30 Days. More information is at our meet up here: http://www.meetup.com/Florida-Voices-for-Animals/events/99359392/
Check out all of their blogs, Facebook pages, websites, recipes and books and learn how to become healthier.
This event is part of the No Meat March campaign -- http://www.nomeatmarch.com/no-meat-march-tampa.html