30 St Mary Axe, EC3A 8BF, London
Meet up, make friends, mingle & dance with single people of ALL AGES in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere. Lets bring in the New Year 2017 with an AMAZING PARTY at this fabulous venue - this event regularly attracts 200 approx members and as we've had an INFLUX of new members over the Xmas & NY period we expect this many plus more for our first big event of the year - so join us!!
PREPAY ONLY (due to venue licensing conditions!)
Early Bird Tickets £TBA
Standard Price Tickets £TBA
TO BUY TICKETS CLICK LINKS BELOW:
PREPAY ONLY BY - NO CASH/CARD ON THE NIGHT AT THIS VENUE Venue Licensing Forbids- SORRY! NO PAYMENT = NO ENTRY
We have exclusive hire of the whole venue at THE STERLING BAR - BASE OF THE GHERKIN! (Nearest Tube Liverpool Street/Bank/Aldgate)
The Sterling 'This stylish city bar sits at the base of The Gherkin, one of London’s most famous and iconic buildings. There’s a great range of wine and drink to complement good conversation. The glass walled, main bar offers plenty of space and great views out onto the concourse and the impressive architecture and unique design make The Sterling a trendy spot in the centre of the City.
Yes we have the Sterling...! The City Boys & Girls will not be around at the weekend, (hopefully some of them will be off duty & joining us!), so we have the GHERKIN BAR all to ourselves...& we will have some tables outside which we can use if we have some nice weather..
Dress code will be Smart Casual/Dressed up but not formal.
FORMAT OF EVENT:
Entry 6.30pm -9.30pm
FEMALE FRIENDLY! We will have a 'ladies table' designated from 6.30pm for ladies who wish to come on their own & meet 'wing women/gal pals' for the night. (Please arrive early if you wish to use the ladies table). Maybe dare I even chance to say an 'outdoor' ladies table for the first time in history... whoohoo! Be part of it ladies!
Chatting & Mingling:[masked]pm
Music & Dancing (Music & DJ/Disco): 8.30pm until 12pm/close
This is an AMAZING VENUE & we have our own exclusive venue hire, I have organised a fabulous party with our resident DJ Grant.... so we can have some great tunes selected & mixed and we will be able to take member requests, so we can listen to the music we like!
As usual we will start the event nice and quietly for mingling/convos and louder volume music later on for dancing.
We will be clearing the dancefloor area for dancing probably around 8.30pm ish but if you still want to continue nattering with your new mates or a certain person, or need a rest from dancing, you can use the upstairs bar or al fresco using the very nice outside tables.
At our last event at the Gherkin, we had TBA genuine attendees. We are therefore anticipating TBA members for this event
Food is not available at this venue- I will of course be bringing FREE snacks & peanuts to keep you going or you can pop out at any time if you need to eat during the night (as long as you come back!)
We have fab hosts joining myself on the night and they will be there to meet and greet you, introduce you to others, help you to mingle and get you in the mood, and support you throughout the night.
We will be joining up with a few people from other 'selected' meetup groups for the event. More on that later!
NO HAPPY HOUR HERE - Sorry!
FOOD IS NOT AVAILABLE HERE - PLEASE EAT BEFORE YOU ARRIVE OR ASK FOR A PASSOUT!
Wine from £4.50 glass-£16.00 Bottle
Bottles Lager from £4.65
Soft Drinks from £3
Cocktails from £8.75
• This event is for all ages, our default age range is 30s-55 - ALL AGES WELCOME
• If you look or may look under 25 please bring photo ID/proof of age as the venue have right to refuse admission if you do not have proof of age. There may also be a light bag search.
• Please arrive EARLY i.e. 6.30pm for better intros mingling & conversations, especially if you are a new member. Its very hard for me to do intros later on in the night when people are well into their convos and a bit tipsy and nigh on impossible when it is packed, the music is loud and the event is in full swing!
• There will be feature loud music later on in the night. If you prefer an event without music where you can have lots of intimate conversations, please join us at one of our quieter meet ups!
• Please do some research and plan your journey using smartphone googlemaps/streetmap or just an old fashioned London A-Z prior to leaving and have some idea where you are going. Some places in London can be difficult to find and I cannot be held responsible for people getting lost or not able to find places.
• Ticket Price includes full time planning, administration & organisation costs, meetup site charges, marketting, hosts expenses, professional hosting fees and payment processing charges. We think our events represent excellent value for money, but if you don't & are not happy with paying for the event please don't come to the event! Tickets are non-refundable
• You do not receive a physical 'ticket' for this event. THIS IS A PREPAY event - We cannot allow cash on the door (sorry!) due to venue license. Please help me out by paying for the tickets using the above links promptly, they are currently £tba but they will go up to £tba the week before the event. Thanks for your help ladies and gents! For entry all you'll need to do is quote your MEETUP NAME/EMAIL ADDRESS which you will be asked for when you RSVP to the meet. Make sure you quote this name on the door when you arrive. You can print out your Payment Receipt Email if you like.
•Guests are welcome, but if you're going to bring a guest, sounds obvious but please make sure they are single & please make sure they have seen the event info/format & read the important info before attending
•Dress code is smart casual, cocktail dress, dressed up but not formal, fancy dress or accessorising (OPTIONAL), no sportswear, no hoodies, no ripped jeans.
• We do not guarantee M to F at any of our events - but we will try our best. If M to F ratio is going to be a factor that significantly affects your enjoyment of the event - please consider the suitability of the event for yourself before and make your own personal decision likewise before purchasing a ticket/attending our event
• We use a photographer at our events and we put the photos on our meetup page/website. If you do not wish to be photographed you must inform a party manager and the photographer WHEN YOU ARRIVE at the event. If there are photos on the website that you wish to be deleted please request by email post event. We do not have any control or responsibility for photos, videos & broadcasts including 'Facebook Live' that our guests/hosts/organisers/members take - therefore if you're not happy/comfortable with this please consider the suitability of our events and do not attend if its going to be a problem for you.
• Please note that snacks provided may be peanuts or other snacks which contain traces of nuts and nut oils or may have been made alongside other products containing nuts. Deciding to take part in an event, deciding whether to attend an environment where these items are present, and/or whether to consume snacks at the event is a decision and the responsibility of the individual - FS Events can not be held responsible for any issues resulting from food allergies.
•Attendance of Flying Solo Events is subject to our Flying Solo disclaimer. Please CLICK HERE to view. Members and their guest who attend our events do so subject to our FS MEETUP GROUP RULES - Please CLICK HERE to view.
•Constructive Feedback is always welcome/moaning & venting is not. We all work very hard to try to ensure members all have a good time. We cannot control venue factors i.e. quality of food/drinks/service/music, please see the venue management for these issues as you normally would. Please see an event host in the first instance so issues to do with the event can be dealt with/explained on the night... if not please email post event. [masked]
Refunds are not offered for this Meetup.