Please read our EVENT ATTENDANCE GUIDELINES (https://www.meetup.com/Flying-Solo-Events/messages/boards/thread/50637619/0/#[masked]) both before you RSVP and before you attend our events.
Tickets & Prices: £10 Prepay Early Bird - SOLD OUT
£15 Standard Price -On sale
£17 Last Minute Tickets/Cash on the Door Price
Ticket Tailor: https://www.tickettailor.com/events/flyingsolo/229139
Processing charges are added to your payments. Use Ticket Tailor for cheaper processing. You can pay by any credit or debit card OR paypal (ticket tailor only).
Join up to 180 (expected) other friendly, relaxed, party loving London Singles for a fun night out at this AMAZING VENUE! This event is open to members of ALL AGES- ALL WELCOME. By default the age range/attendees to be late 20s to early 50s.
Its Valentines Weekend...Lets liberate and celebrate our amazing single selves with a fabulous party!
At Flying Solo there is no pressure to be in a relationship, be dating or do anything really, our focus is on HAVING FUN.. but to spice it up a little we will be holding an optional MASQUERADE BALL. This means a few of us will be wearing masks for the beginning of the event. It's just a bit of fun if you want to participate, great if you don't no worries...if you do you'll need to organise your Mask ASAP as they are not easy to shop for on the high street but you can get quickly and cheaply from eBay. We will be selling a few masks on the night for those who decide they would like to join in...
An event host will meet and greet you upon arrival to make you feel relaxed and welcome. The event hosts will introduce you to other members if you so wish also encourage you to mingle.
Balls Bros Austin Friars. A well located venue with fabulous layout, mezzanine, dancefloor, quiet room and outdoor area.. I reckon we might have covered ALL bases on this one. Downstairs area perfect for mingling/drinking/chatting and equally suitable for dancing & partying later on...! BB AF WEBSITE (https://www.ballsbrothers.co.uk/austin-friars/)
We have LADIES TABLE from[masked] for ladies who want to attend solo and make friends with other ladies and share a cocktail or two before the party starts.... People arriving on their own - Its perfectly ok to arrive on your own, over 50% of our members turn up on their own... male or female we will introduce you to other friendly folks when you arrive. Please request further intros/further support on the night if you need it.
FORMAT OF EVENT:
[masked] ARRIVALS - Intros/Ladies Table/Mingling
Meet & Greet - Introductions & Mingling with Low Volume Background Music
8.30- LATE Party Time with DJ & Amazing Tunes - A mix of R&B, Party Classics, Mainstream, Latin & Dance Tunes
LAST ENTRY: 9:30pm
HAPPY HOUR/DRINKS OFFER IS SELECTED DRINKS ASK AT BAR
Wine Bottle £15
Prosecco Bottle £20
Amstel pint £4
Classic Cocktails £5
Wine - Prices start from £6.20 a glass/£22 bottle
Prosecco from £7.50 glass/£36 bottle
Cocktails Standard Price from £9.25
Amstel Draught Pint £4.85
London Pride £5.10
Soft Drinks: from £2.50
Please check with individual bar staff at time of at time of placing your drinks order for prices.
FOOD: KITCHEN is open with a limited menu - back in touch with the menu when I have it.
CLOAKROOM: Cloakroom is available and MUST BE USED £1 per item - we do not accept any responsibility for lost/valuable items. Please take care of your personal possessions.
CHILL OUT ZONE/QUIETER AREA: We have a quieter room next to the main party room, for you to continue conversations once the DJ music starts.
BIG LOVE LOYALTY SCHEME - Attendees will get sent an email the Monday after the event for FREE/HALF PRICE tickets to our next BIG do. You must attend to get the email!
HOW TO FIND BALLS BROTHERS AUSTIN FRIARS (VERY IMPORTANT):
Nearest Tubes: Bank/Liverpool Street - 6 minutes walk max
Austin Friars is a pedestrianised set of roads off OLD BROAD street. You can get onto Austin Friars a number of ways, including 2 exits off OLD BROAD STREET - Pinner's Passage & Austin Friars. Please see the photo for a map.
ENTRY/GUEST LIST INFO: For entry to the event - all you need to do is quote your 'Guest List Name'. So when you purchase your ticket - you will need to enter the name you wish us to use on the guest list. If you don't know what name you have used we won't be able to find you on the guest list. Any guests of yours that arrive separately will need to quote your guest list name.
• Please do some research and plan your journey PRIOR to departing. Using smartphone googlemaps/streetmap, my directions above, or just an old fashioned London A-Z prior to leaving and have some idea where you are going BEFORE YOU LEAVE. Some places in London can be difficult to find regardless of whether you have directions or not. Sometimes GoogleMaps gets it wrong, Apps don't work and phone signal is not available or batteries run out. Organisers cannot be held responsible for people getting lost or not able to find places.
• Dress Code: The venue operate a smart dress code, smart/casual - no trainers, sportswear or ripped jeans. FS is not responsible if you are unable to enter because you are not correctly dressed. Optional Masquerade Ball Theme
• We use a photographer at our events and we put the photos on our meetup page. If you do not wish to be photographed you must inform a party manager and the photographer WHEN YOU ARRIVE at the event. We may also do Facebook Live Broadcasting. If there are photos on the website that you wish to be deleted please request by email post event. We do not have any control of photos, videos & broadcasts that our members take, or what happens to them - therefore if you're not happy/comfortable with this please consider the suitability of our events and do not attend if its going to be a problem for you.
• PHOTO ID: The Bar operate a Check 25 policy. If you’re lucky enough to look under 25, then you will be asked to prove you are over 21
• The focus of our group & our events is Socialising/Meeting People/Making Friends/Having Great Nights Out. We are NOT a dating/matchmaking group. We do not guarantee or organise the M to F ratio at this event & you should be aware that OUR EVENTS ARE VERY POPULAR WITH MEN. If this is an factor that is going to affect the enjoyment of your event - please do not RSVP/attend & complain or make comments on the noticeboard as this will result in the removal of you from the group. Please choose alternative meetups which are more suitable to your needs. Thanks for your understanding and co-operation.
• Please make an effort to chat to people, participate and and mingle at the event. We bring venue and people together and there is no formula for fun.
• Please arrive earlier for better mingling and intros, especially if you are a new member. Its very for event hosts to do intros later on in the night when its louder, busier & people are well into their convos and a bit tipsy.
• Places are non refundable, however you should let me know if for some reason you are unable to attend.
• Attendance of Flying Solo Events is subject to our FLYING SOLO RULES - (https://www.meetup.com/Flying-Solo-Events/messages/boards/thread/50152784) please ensure you read and understand these rules before you attend. Please also - for your own benefit read our Please read our EVENT ATTENDANCE GUIDELINES (https://www.meetup.com/Flying-Solo-Events/messages/boards/thread/50637619/0/#[masked]) - so you can understand our events, decide whether they are suitable for your needs or not and manage your expectations.
• Any constructive comments/suggestions/feedback is very much appreciated. Venting/Moaning is not. Please see event hosts on the night with any issues and/or forward your feedback to [masked] after the event.