We've had an AMAZING night at the Gherkin NEW YEAR party in January - 240 attendance, a SOLD OUT Gherkin, lots of new members, fabulous regular members... great feedback, happy days.... Lets keep things rolling along in March with a fabulous party at our members FAVOURITE venue
Meet up, make friends, mingle & dance with single people of ALL AGES in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere. Our events are open to members of all ages, all ages are welcome. Our 'default' age for this event is 28-55 & loud and lively/busy atmosphere after 8.30pm. Due to VENUE CAPACITY - THIS EVENT WILL SELL OUT...!
PREPAY ONLY (due to venue licensing conditions!). Please be aware that due to the popularity of the venue/event, we expect this event to SELL OUT - therefore buying your ticket promptly is advisable
Early Bird Ticket £11 on sale soon
Standard Price Tickets £16 once early bird tickets have sold out
Last Min/On the day/night tickets £20 once standard price tickets have sold out'
TO BUY TICKETS CLICK LINKS BELOW:
TICKET TAILOR : https://www.tickettailor.com/events/flyingsolo/235194/
(Use Eventbrite if you can't get ticket tailor to work as the charges are more expensive)
Processing charges will be added to your ticket prices. We operate a TICKETLESS SYSTEM for our events - so YOU DO NOT NEED NEED TO PRINT A TICKET FOR THIS EVENT. Just quote your Guest List Name, Surname to our event hosts upon arrival. I have paid - so why is it showing as unpaid on meetup, do I have a ticket? - CLICK HERE: https://www.meetup.com/Flying-Solo-Events/messages/boards/thread/51384131
PREPAY ONLY BY - NO CASH/CARD ON THE NIGHT AT THIS VENUE Venue Licensing Forbids- SORRY! NO PAYMENT = NO ENTRY
We have exclusive hire of the whole venue at THE STERLING BAR - BASE OF THE GHERKIN! (http://www.thesterlingbar.co.uk/venue-details/) (Nearest Tube Liverpool Street/Bank/Aldgate)
'This stylish city bar sits at the base of The Gherkin, one of London’s most famous and iconic buildings. There’s a great range of wine and drink to complement good conversation. The glass walled, main bar offers plenty of space and great views out onto the concourse and the impressive architecture and unique design make The Sterling a trendy spot in the centre of the City.
Dress code will be Smart Casual/Dressed up but not formal. A cloakroom will be available.
FORMAT OF EVENT:
Mingle early, party later.
Entry 6.30pm -9.30pm
FEMALE FRIENDLY! We will have a 'ladies table' designated from 6.30pm for ladies who wish to come on their own & meet 'wing women/gal pals' for the night. (Please arrive early).
Chatting & Mingling:[masked]pm
Music & Dancing (Music & DJ/Disco): 8.30pm until 12pm/close
This is an AMAZING VENUE & we have our own exclusive venue hire, we have organised a fabulous party with a fabulous DJ.... so we can have some great tunes and we will be able to play some member requests. Our music is Mainstream, Commercial R&B & party classics.
We will start the event nice and quietly for mingling/convos and louder volume music later on for dancing. We will be clearing the dancefloor area for dancing probably around 8.30pm ish but if you still want to continue nattering with your new mates or a certain person, or need a rest from dancing, you can use the quieter area upstairs bar.
We have fab hosts joining myself on the night and they will be there to meet and greet you, introduce you to others, help you to mingle and get you in the mood, and support you throughout the night.
NO HAPPY HOUR HERE - Sorry!
FOOD IS NOT AVAILABLE - Sorry - please eat before or ask for a passout. Nearest place for eats is Liverpool Street Station
Check the prices of drinks BEFORE YOU ORDER!
Wine from £5.90 glass-£21 Bottle
Prosecco £7.10/£34 a bottle
Draught Lager from £4.95 Bottles Becks £5.20
Ale from £5.55
Juice from £2.50, Soft drinks £3
Cocktails from £9.25
BIG LOVE LOYALTY SCHEME - Attendees will get sent an email the Monday after the event for FREE/HALF PRICE tickets to our next BIG do. You must attend to get the email!
IMPORTANT INFO - please read!:
Please read ALL EVENT INFO - When you RSVP for our events, its on the assumption that you have read all event info. Please take ownership of your own responsibility for choosing events which are suitable for yourself.
• This event is for all ages, our default age range is 28-55 - ALL AGES WELCOME
• If you look or may look under 25 please bring photo ID/proof of age as the venue have right to refuse admission if you do not have proof of age. There may also be a light bag search.
• Please arrive EARLY i.e. 6.30pm for better intros mingling & conversations, especially if you are a new member. Its very hard for me to do intros later on in the night when people are well into their convos, tend to be in groups and a bit tipsy and nigh on impossible when it is packed, the music is loud and the event is in full swing! We do not do any intros after 8.30pm for this reason.
Please note that snacks provided may be peanuts or other snacks which contain traces of nuts and nut oils or may have been made alongside other products containing nuts. Deciding whether to attend an environment where these items are present, and/or whether to consume snacks at the event is a decision and the responsibility of the individual - FS Events can not be held responsible for any issues resulting from food allergies.
• Please do some research and plan your journey using smartphone googlemaps/streetmap or just an old fashioned London A-Z prior to leaving and have some idea where you are going. Some places in London can be difficult to find
• Ticket Price includes full time planning, administration & organisation costs, meetup site charges, marketting, hosts expenses, professional hosting fees and payment processing charges. We think our events represent excellent value for money, but if you don't & are not happy with paying for the event please don't come to the event! Tickets are non-refundable
• THIS IS A PREPAY event - We cannot allow cash on the door (sorry!) due to venue license. Please help me out by paying for the tickets using the above links promptly
• For entry all you'll need to do is quote your GUEST LIST NAME which you will be asked for when you buy your tickets.
•Guests who are single are welcome, please make sure they are single & please make sure they have seen the event info/format & read the important info before attending
•Dress code is smart casual, cocktail dress, dressed up but not formal, fancy dress or accessorising (OPTIONAL), no sportswear, no hoodies, no ripped jeans.
• We use a photographer at our events and photos go on our meetup page/website. If you do not wish to be photographed you must inform a party manager and the photographer WHEN YOU ARRIVE at the event. We do not have any control or responsibility for photos, videos & broadcasts including 'Facebook Live' that our guests/hosts/organisers/members take - therefore if you're not happy/comfortable with this please consider the suitability of our events and do not attend if its going to be a problem for you
• The focus of our group & our events is Socialising/Meeting People/Making Friends/Having Great Nights Out. We are NOT a dating/matchmaking group. We do not guarantee or organise the M to F ratio at this event. OUR EVENTS ARE VERY POPULAR WITH MEN. If this is an factor that is going to affect the enjoyment of your event - please do not attend/complain/make comments on the noticeboard as this will result in the removal of you from the group. Please choose alternative meetups which are more suitable to your needs.
•PLEASE READ OUR EVENT ATTENDANCE GUIDELINES BEFORE ATTENDING ANY OF OUR EVENTS click here:
Attendance is subject to our disclaimer. Please CLICK HERE (http://www.meetup.com/Flying-Solo-Events/messages/boards/thread/48809375) to view. Members and their guest who attend our events do so subject to our FS MEETUP GROUP RULES - Please CLICK HERE (https://www.meetup.com/Flying-Solo-Events/messages/boards/thread/50152784) to view.
•Constructive Feedback is always welcomed and appreciated. Moaning & venting is not. We all work very hard to try to ensure members all have a good time. We cannot control venue factors i.e. quality of food/drinks/service. Please see the venue management for these issues as you normally would. Please see an event host in the first instance so issues to do with the event itself can be dealt with/explained on the night..OR email post event. [masked]