addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1languagelaunch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinlockm-swarmSearchmailmediummessagesminusmobilemoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahooyoutube

Flying Solo London - Social Group for Single People Message Board › How to Receive Less Emails from (Me) Meetup!

How to Receive Less Emails from (Me) Meetup!

Closed to new replies

Sarah FS L.
user 67588872
Group Organizer
London, GB
Post #: 23
How to receive less emails from Flying Solo/Meet up

Hi all,

We are a very active group, with 2-3 events weekly. If you feel that you are receiving too many emails, it may be helpful for you to read the following.

Unfortunately the way that Meetup works means that as most emails are generated automatically, and I have no say over most of the emails that go out. I try to only email the entire group once a week (I really do!).... I try to keep to a minimum as I realise that everyone is very busy and has lots of other email, and lots of junk mails, sorting through these can be a quite a task. Most of meet up emails are automatic notifications and reminders. I cannot change the settings for these, but the good news is that you can!

If you know that in the next month or couple of months you have a particularly busy period in your life and will not be able to attend the events, or you would much rather prefer to check the website or phone app for our events and not want to be bothered every five minutes by Meetup/Flying Solo, you can switch off the notifications of new events and the reminders of the events.

Please use this option carefully as if you are an active member you won't get notified of the upcoming events you may miss out on great opportunities.

Below I have put together the instructions on how to change these settings. This is not group specific to Flying Solo Meetup Group, you can use it in every group you are a member of.

1) Go to ‘my profile’ in the top right corner.

2) Choose ‘email settings’ from the drop down menu

3) Now you will be able to tick or untick various email options.

Here is a blog from meetup that explains the above in more detail: CLICK HERE
I hope this helps!

Thanks,
Sarah