This group is for anyone who would like to learn more about elder care and services available for seniors in the Ottawa area. We offer workshops, seminars and trade fairs to help seniors and caregivers learn and get the support they need. Connect with us on facebook and twitter or check out our website for more information.
Home Instead Senior Care has partnered with Meals on Wheels and local Community Resource Centers to help with the gift collection, wrapping and distribution. Program officials hope to collect over 650 gifts in order to help more than 650 Ottawa area seniors this holiday season.
Participating retail locations and retirement homes will display Be a Santa to a Senior Christmas Trees from November 23rd to December 14th that features ornaments with the seniors’ first names and their gift requests. Members of the public can pick ornaments from the trees, buy the items listed and return them unwrapped (with the ornament attached) to the tree.
Be a Santa to a Senior Trees will be located at 9 retirement homes and 3 Shoppers Home Health Care Locations.
• The Empress, 170 McGibbon Drive Kanata
• The Edinburgh, 10 Vaughan St. Ottawa
• Lord Lansdowne, 920 Bank St. Ottawa
• Duke of Devonshire, 1095 Carling Ave. Ottawa
• Amica at Bearbrook, 2645 Innes Road, Ottawa East
• Bridlewood Trails, 480 Brigitta St. Stittsville
• Moments Manor, 1510 St Joseph Blvd. Orleans
• Kanata Symphony Living, 27 Weaver Cres. Kanata
• Belcourt Manor, 1344 Belcourt Blvd, Orleans
• Orleans Shoppers Home Health, 1675 Tenth Line Road
• Westgate Shoppers Home Health, 1309 Carling Ave
• Kanata Shoppers Home Health, 420 Hazeldean Rd, Kanata
If you would like to participate but cannot pick up an ornament from a tree, please call the office at[masked] and we will be sure to mail one or more to you!!