Foodie Thursdays is a meetup for London-based professionals in their 30s and 40s, who would like to explore the city's great variety of dining hangouts with a fun group of people. As the name suggests, the meetups will take place on Thursday evenings...although we may have an occasional non-Thursday event!
This group has a few common-sense rules so that we can all enjoy a fun, pleasant evening in good company. Please take some time to read these rules.
In joining and participating in this group, you are agreeing to the following....
• Please be polite and pleasant company at a meetup, and respect other members. Anyone engaging in anti-social, abusive or inappropriate behaviour will be removed from the group. If this behaviour occurs during the event, you will be asked to settle your portion of the bill and leave.
• Ensure that you pay the correct amount for any food and drinks consumed, including your share of the service charge. It is not the responsibility of other members or the organiser to pay any part of your bill. Please note that it is not acceptable for a member to refuse to pay a portion / the full amount of service charge, unless there has been full consensus around the table that the service was atrocious.
• Ensure that any feedback or suggestions written on the event message boards are constructive. If you have a problem or a complaint please send a message to the organiser privately.
• No spamming/trolling/advertising on event pages, discussion threads or by private message. Please inform the organiser if you receive spam or inappropriate messages.
• Ensure that you have a clear, genuine picture of your face for your profile picture throughout your membership of this group.
• The organiser makes bookings based on online reviews and recommendations. She has not 'pre-tested' any restaurants in advance; therefore she is not to be held responsible if the food and/or service does not match up to expectations. Members are encouraged to do their own research before RSVP'ing.
• Members are responsible for checking their own dietary requirements or concerns about allergies with the restaurant prior to signing up for any event.
• Group membership numbers may be adjusted by the organiser at any time and for any reason. We aim to have a small, active group so we will actively manage existing membership numbers. We may also not approve new joiners for any reason and/or if our preferred group size limit has been reached.
• Please read the event description and any links carefully so that you are clear about the timing, location, menu arrangements and likely costs involved. Meetup map links are sometimes incorrect so please double-check the location before you head out. This may seem obvious but we would like to avoid misunderstandings and delays at the venue.
• Please try to get to the event on time. If you are running late, please send a message to the organiser or put a comment on the event message board. This is particularly important when group members are waiting for you to secure a table or to order food. If an attendee hasn't arrived within 15 minutes of the start time of the meetup, and hasn't sent an update message, the organiser will assume that they are a no-show.
• Attendees of a meetup are expected to stay for the duration of the event and wait with the rest of the group until the bill is settled. There is no scope for leaving early and/or complicating the bill arrangements.
• Members who no-show once will be removed from the group.
• If you are signed up to an activity, please check your e-mail and the event page regularly in case there are changes or reminders about the event. Ensure your Meetup e-mail settings are set to receive updates from this group.
RSVP's and Deposits
• In order to register interest for an event, please RSVP on the event page and pay the deposit via PayPal.
• The deposit (usually £12) is non-refundable and is not transferable to another event, member or non-member. The main portion (£10) of the deposit goes towards your bill on the night and the remainder (£2) covers PayPal and Meetup administration fees.
• If you can no longer attend the event, please update your RSVP as soon as possible. Please note that there are no refunds or transfers of the deposit if you cancel.
• The organiser reserves the right to cancel or re-schedule an activity for any reason. In these cases only, a refund of any deposit not including PayPal/Meetup admin fees will be provided, unless it is out of control of the organiser.