Chef Charlie Parker on KCAL9 discussing Sunday's BBQ
Spoke with the Chef and the GM for the Backyard BBQ Event at the Freddy Smalls on Sunday August 18th, and this looks like it will be a great event (plus for people from the Philly to DC corridor a reminder of back East).
First the cost is $45 + tax so that's $49.05 to be exact. The full ALL YOU CAN EAT MENU IS POSTED BELOW
You MUST buy a ticket. Tickets currently are available by purchasing at the restaurant in person or by phone [masked]). If you call they can either hold your ticket or mail it to you. Tickets are also available via seatme.com . http://www.seatme.com/freddy-smalls/ Purchase here on this site by making a reservation (click "search for reservation") on August 18th at 2:00PM, this will take you to the next page to purchase a ticket.
Your ticket is for ALL YOU CAN EAT food & non-alcoholic drinks. A local brewery will be there too, but those details are still being worked out. Alcohol drinks will be additional tickets. They wanted to do the alcohol included but ABC wouldn't allow them to do that.
Chef Charlie Parker sent me the following menu (all you can eat)
• Grilled Corn on the Cobb. BBQ Spiced butter
• Mixed Melon & Frying Pepper Salad. Almond. Feta. Mint
• Tomato Panzanella. Burrata. Eggplant. Squash and Basil
• Butter Ball Potato Salad. Gem Lettuce. Tarragon and Pickles
• Beer Steamed Maryland Blue Crab. Old Bay Drain Butter
• Smoked Mary’s Chickens. Cucumber- Dill yogurt
• Grilled Tri-tip. Texas Toast and Chimichurri
• Roasted Pork Shoulder Tacos. Pickled Pepper Salsa. Queso Fresco
• Olive Oil Cake. Roasted Seascape Strawberries and Lavendar cream
• Peach & Blueberry Crisp with Local ice creams
Depending on pre-sales, tickets may be available at the door. If they are tickets will cost more ($50 or $55) the day of the event.