addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

L.A. Foodies Message Board Restaurants, Carts & Food Truck Reviews › Restaurant Review Prizzi's Piazza

Restaurant Review Prizzi's Piazza

Darrell
Durrrell
Group Organizer
Springfield, VT
Post #: 4,868
Prizzi's Piazza

5923 Franklin Ave
Hollywood, CA 90028
Neighborhoods: Griffith Park/Los Feliz, Hollywood
(323) 467-0168
www.prizzispiazza.com

This place is about a mile from my home. incredible amounts of cheese used in making the deep dish pizza.

Prizzi's really delivers with a great pie! The large 16" deep dish pizza is huge and I only had them add ground Italian sausage to it. Most women would only be able to eat one slice and hungry guys only 2 slices. The bread crust is delicious, sweet, chewy goodness with a sesame seed crust which I find as very unique but very delicious giving them a special signature crust. Bravo! I've got to say, it was the best tasting deep dish pizza I've had the pleasure to eat in over 10 years! I wanted to try a bunch of their items, so I ordered their meatballs (3 w/meat sauce) and they were delicious, but not particularly tender and I ordered their Cesar's salad which was bland, but well executed with shaved Parmagianno Reggiano. I couldn't taste any anchovy if there was any and it needed a bit of salt and pepper, but maybe because it was a bit under dressed.

They also included fresh grated Parmagiano Regianno and crushed red peppers without asking. Most people might think this is no big deal, but at Domino's I ordered pizzas for over 60 people for dinner and I had to demand to speak to a supervisor to get some pepper and cheese AND if I wanted more than 6 of each, they wanted to charge me $.25 each packet! I was furious! I ordered more than a dozen pizzas and a bunch of salads, wings, etc. That was the last time I eat there...

I kinda cheated on the pizza as I added a bunch of ingredients that I happen to have in the fridge so I added fresh jalapeno, diced Roma tomato, sauteed red onion, bell pepper, mushrooms, spicy cappicola ham, Italian parsley... which would have added nearly $20 to the cost of the pizza. It did make my pizza taste out of this world... I chopped/sliced all my ingredients and popped them in my Toaster Oven tray after I oiled up the tray with EVOO, set the oven at 200 degrees for 25 minutes, which was the amount of time I estimated it would take me to pickup the pizza. Sure, it would have been convenient if they delivered it to me for an extra $3-4, but my place is weird and hard to find and I needed to buy some stuff and Gelsons which is the only place you can find parking near Prizzi's.

The place has a full bar, it's small and cozy and has a nice vibe. The staff was friendly and efficient and chill. The restaurant is very attractive and upscale. Should be a nice date place. I'd eat here a lot more often if there was easy parking around this street, but if you don't mind valet, then parking is no problem. It's a great place, well done Prizzi's!

I've lived in this neighborhood off and on for decades and I've never been to this place before. If I go to the UCB theatre, I'd usually pop into La Poubelle's for a bite or a drink before or after a show as they have a big bar and nice patio seating. So, I'd never eaten at Prizzi's until tonight as I saw this deal on LivingSocial and bought the discount voucher. Tonight, I didn't feel like cooking and had a hankering for pizza... deep dish pizza to be exact.

Overall, I give the pizza a 5 and the other dishes a 4. The staff/location/ambiance all 5's and parking a 2. So overall a solid 4+ and with the discount I got... I should give it a 5, but that was a one time shot, so while I'll definitely be back, without the bargain deal, a 4+. I appreciate the discount deal and it finally got me in the doors for the first time.