addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

L.A. Foodies Message Board New Event Announcements and or Changes to Events › Meetup details changed: Orphan Thanksgiving Potluck Picnic In The Park ~ Hol

Meetup details changed: Orphan Thanksgiving Potluck Picnic In The Park ~ Hollywood

Darrell
Durrrell
Group Organizer
Springfield, VT
Hello Foodie Friends,

Our Orphan Thanksgiving Potluck Picnic is really shaping up! We currently have 23 members signed up and a fabulous Thanksgiving meal planned! Those attending, we could use folding tables and chairs/camp chairs if anyone has some as we will be exceeding the number of picnic tables available. Option B is is people can bring some blankets but we might also need waterproof tarps as the lawn is often damp for watering or rain. If anyone has a boombox and music, that might be a nice touch.

I might also need someone to volunteer to arrive early to stop by my place to help me bring some stuff to this event. I'm one block before the park entrance, so it is not at all out of the way, but I will need a reliable person to get to my place about 11:15am. Please email me if you can help.

Thanksgiving weather forecast is high of 73 degrees 10% chance of rain. If raining or 50% chance of rain, unfortunately, the event will have to be cancelled, but so far... it's looking good! Bring some warm clothes just in case as this park has a micro-climate and usually is a few degrees cooler than the forecast.

I've updated this Meetup. For more details, see the full listing:
http://www.meetup.com/Foodies/events/86818702/­

• UPDATE 11/18 ~ What others are bringing...
  • Darrell ~ Roast Turkey & cranberry sauce
  • Mark ~ HAM (yeah!)
  • Allison - Mac & Cheese
  • Wilson - Stuffing
  • Diana ~ Candied yummy yams!
  • Adit ~ pasta salad
  • Billy ~ Something organic
  • Wakana ~ Spring Rolls
  • Furfr ~ Green bean casserole & Jello
  • Brigitte ~ Pumpkin dessert ~ pie, cookies
  • Tracey ~ Mashed potatoes w/REAL butter
  • Krystyn “A Large green salad (with Italian and blue cheese dressing) and some fresh bread from a local market/bakery). I will bring some plastic utensils, and plates, napkins"
  • Naia ~ Cucumber salad
  • Jill ~ “Mashed potatoes--I make the best mashed potatoes in the world.”
  • Ari “MEDITERRANEAN SALAD OR HUMUS WITH PITTA BREAD.”
  • Joy ~ Japchae
  • Kevin - Wine
  • Sarah ~ Dessert
  • Mary ~ Apple and pumpkin pie w/whipped cream
  • Victoria ~ cupcakes/brownies
  • Ron ~ Sweet potato pie & wine

When: Thursday, November 22, 2012 11:45 AM

Where: Bronson Canyon ~ Griffith Park
2800 Canyon Drive
Hollywood, CA 90068

If the changes affect your plans to attend, please take a moment to update your RSVP. (You can RSVP "No" or "Yes".)

You can always get in touch with me through my group profile on Meetup.
A former member
Post #: 16
Please note that Jill, with her fab mashed potatoes, changed her RSVP to no last week.
Sudha
sudharussell
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 4
Hi Darrell,

you can add little samosas to the list as my contribution!

See you all Thursday,

Sue