addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

L.A. Foodies Message Board New Event Announcements and or Changes to Events › Free Sandwiches! Capriotti's Award-winning sandwiches

Free Sandwiches! Capriotti's Award-winning sandwiches

Darrell
Durrrell
Group Organizer
Springfield, VT
Post #: 4,065

From Thrillist email I received
=========================

This is a new restaurant opening in Beverly Hills and for their grand opening they are giving away 100 sandwiches if you mention Thrillist

The first 100 people to mention Thrillist between 4-6pm on Mon Jan 18th (I presume) get a free Bobbie; the menu's all at Capriottis.com

Capriotti's
Award-winning sandwiches, courtesy of the First State
9683 Wilshire; Beverly Hills; 310.858.1383

No state sums up American pride like Delaware, what with it's waterfront estates, famous residents of some kind, and, um, whatever else you may expect from such a well-known place! For something Delaware for sure can be proud of, check out sandwiches from Capriotti's.
Opening Monday, Capriotti's is a no-frills, cult-inducing sandwich chain just now opening its first Cali store after starting in Delaware in 1976, and slowly making its way west, all the while shockingly defying death by dysentery/ill timed caulking of the wagon. The brand's trademark is its moist meat, (which is all roasted overnight in-house, along with their proprietorially-made, soft sub rolls), on which you can get warm options like a chicken cheesesteak w/ mushrooms, a "Capastrami" (pastrami/Swiss/Russian dressing/cole slaw), or the roast beef/Provolone/Russian dressing/cole slaw/mayo "SlawBeJoe", order with extra Russian for the SlavBeJoe. Unheated options include a traditional Italian w/ genoa salami, capaiolla, and Proscuittini; and two cranberry-laden options -- the Cran-Slam Club with turkey, ham, lettuce, mayo and cranberries, and "The Bobbie", a Thanksgiving trademark w/ cranberry sauce, stuffing, mayo, and cold turkey, which you're free to try, just be ready for the shakes.
If you abstain from meat/general fulfillment, they've also got veggie options, like an eggplant Parm, soy turkey sub, or the vegetarian cheesesteak, which will undoubtedly become famous, just like the state it comes from. No, not Philly. Delaware, remember?

The first 100 people to mention Thrillist between 4-6pm on Mon get a free Bobbie; the menu's all at Capriottis.com

l
user 7368464
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 1
sounds yummy!
A former member
Post #: 33
Yea definitely sounds good and worth heading over to!
Sharon J
user 6169499
Chuncheon, KR
Post #: 40
I thought I saw this somewhere. Capriotti's is also giving away free sandwiches on Thursday 21st 6-8pm for yelpers http://www.yelp.com/e...­ . You don't have to join yelp.

2 days of free sandwiches
Darrell
Durrrell
Group Organizer
Springfield, VT
Post #: 4,074
Heck, now I feel like we need our own special day... Maybe one of our AO's will contact them...

Hey Foodies, sounds like the yelp event you will be able to try a variety of sandies.

http://www.yelp.com/e...­

Be sure you sign up with Yelp.