addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

L.A. Foodies Message Board L.A. Foodies+ Discussion Forum › Everything you wanted to know about any kind of sausage but didn't know who

Everything you wanted to know about any kind of sausage but didn't know who to ask

Darrell
Durrrell
Group Organizer
Springfield, VT
Post #: 4,462
Here's a terrific web page about everything sausage

http://www.clovegarde...­
Warren
KDog
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 845
On a related note, I have discovered that thin slices of things like coppa or prosciutto or sopressa salami are great alternatives to lox, when placed on bagels with cream cheese.

You can find all of these items at your local Fresh and Easy market.
I don't otherwise see coppa (shoulder/neck cuts of pork, also known as capicola) that often in markets.

On yet another related note, I haven't run across any guiancale/guanciale (pig jowl, traditionally used in italian pasta dishes such as pasta alla gricia/carbonara/Amatriciana) yet but I haven't really looked yet. I suppose it would be in any Bay Cities, Guidi Marcello or any other serious Italian import shop.
Darrell
Durrrell
Group Organizer
Springfield, VT
Post #: 4,486
I was at a Superior Grocers, a Hispanic supermarket, they had lots of the less popular cuts... cheap... such as pig snouts & ears & feet, chicken feet, beef soup bones with lots of marrow... which made an awesome stock for my beef, bacon, navy bean and potato soup...
A former member
Post #: 866
Darrell you should invite Lamont to this thread, he would really enjoy it. :)
Darrell
Durrrell
Group Organizer
Springfield, VT
Post #: 4,528
Salvadorean Chorizo ROCKS!