Our purpose is to create a fun group camping club for DFW area campers over age 50. We are primarily tent campers but RVs are welcome.. Several of our members kayak, paddle board, ride bikes, hike or fish.
Each member is responsible for reserving their own campsite or coordinate with a member who has a reserved site and is willing to share. A Yes RSVP does not mean a site will be provided to you. Each member needs to make their own site arrangements.
If you reserve a site and have room to share, post a comment under the event and how you can be contacted to make sharing arrangements. Campers with a reserved site are responsible for managing their own site and are not obligated to share their site. If you share a site with a camper who reserved a site, please be courteous and pay your share of the camping fees to the camper who paid for the reservation.
Typically, there is a potluck group dinner during each camp out. Participation in potluck meals is not required. Campers are on their own for all other meals but you are free to coordinate with other campers as you wish. The Event Host will post a comment about the meal and members who want to attend the meal respond with what they are bringing. Bring your own beverage.
Fort Worth Camping Club (FWCC) Bylaws
1. Age Requirement – All FWCC members must be 50 years of age or above.
2. FWCC Membership Requests – Individuals requesting to join the FWCC should have a recent photo of just them in their profile and are required to respond to a few introductory questions. If the FWCC does not receive a response to the questions within the specified number of days, the request to join the FWCC will be declined.
3. Club Dues – Upon approval to join the FWCC, dues of $10.00 are payable in cash to the Organizer at the first camp out you attend. Annual dues thereafter are $5.00 and due on January 1 of each year of membership. Dues are required to help offset the cost required by Meetup.com to maintain the website. Currently Meetup.com fees are approximately $200.00 per year.
4. Maintaining FWCC Membership – To maintain membership in the FWCC, a member must be active in the club. Activity is defined as one or both of the following within a 6-month period:
a. Attend a FWCC event.
b. Access the FWCC Meetup.com site.
5. Guests - FWCC members may bring guests to FWCC events. Guests must be 21 years of age or older.
6. Pets – Pets are allowed per campground rules. Pet owners are responsible for their own pet. Aggressive pets that pose a threat to other pets or campers may be banned from the event and future events.
7. Member Conduct should promote the respect and enjoyment for all other members and guests.
8. FWCC reserves the right to modify its bylaws as necessary to maintain the club’s goals and safety of its members.