addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

FREDERICK VEG Message Board › Anyone a regular at the Asian Supermarket and ...

Anyone a regular at the Asian Supermarket and ...

A former member
Post #: 245
Willing to explain some of the products?
After Yesterdays class I was at Wegmans and thought about getting their rice paper wraps. I hit the Asian Market on Patrick street today and was very happy but want to know more. (BTW, rice wraps, twice as many for 1/3 the price)

Things I found there that I know I can and will use roasted sesame seeds, fresh mint leaves,black rice, all natural tahini, coconut milk...they also had a bin full of fresh tofu, rose water, lots of middle eastern options, spices, tiny fresh peppers, cilantro, tamarind.

So if anyone here is familiar with the market and their wares I would like to know if you would be willing to do a walk through with a few of us. I can't tell you the amount of times I saw recipes asking for 'rose' water and I had no idea.