Come and learn/practice basic Chinese (Mandarin) with other beginners!
We have many information and learning material under the more/files section on the pull down menu; or you can click the link below:
Previously posted vocabulary list can be found at:
What to expect usually, subject to change pending on the host's plans for the day:
• 2:30-2:45pm: Social chats, get drinks/food from Panera if desired.
• 2:45pm-3:00pm: Introduction - everyone practices asking basic questions in Mandarin to get conversation started.
• 3:00pm-4:00pm If there are multiple native speakers attending, we will break up into groups based on level. You are welcome to bring your own learning material or any questions to go over with a native speaker at the meetup.
• 4:00pm-4:30pm Social chats
• 4:30pm-?? Usually people will stay and chat afterwards, and sometimes end up going to dinner together (trying out new or each others' favorite places) if people stay past 5:30pm and have no other dinner plans.