ABOUT THE EVENT
Let us meet up for a language exchange. We will give out name tags. You write your name and what language you speak and what language you would like to exchange.
All languages (French, Italian, Creole, Patwah,...) are welcome! However we don't guarantee the availability of a partner in that particular language, you would like to exchange.
Rules to abide :
1. Event is free and 21+ (bring ID).
2. Be respectful to your counterparts and give them a chance to exchange with others as well.
3. We all are native speakers of one or two languages and be willing to help others and try to accommodate as much as possible.
4. If you don't speak the other person's required language, LEAVE THEM ALONE.
5. Rude or aggressive members are removed from the group at an organizers discretion.
6. This is a face-to-face language exchange event. DO NOT try to arrange an online meeting, by using the comment box or direct message.
7. Most of our members complained about people writing in the comment box. Since it sends notification to all attendees. If you have any questions, send a message to the organizers. Don't write in the comment box.
8. We have ZERO TOLERANCE for solicitation. We don't allow anyone to run their own agenda at the Event. If you are interested to promote/sponsor/collaborate; contact us via ([masked]).
9. When you get there, we will greet you and take you to your respective group.
10. Don't be shy of your local languages. We have diplomates assigned to different countries, who would love to practice your languages.
METRO & PARKING INFO
Closest Metro Station is U Street Cardozo (take 13th St. Exit). Also take into consideration Metro's truck work and allow enough time for your ride. Check it on http://www.wmata.com/ and plan accordingly.
Street parking might be a challenge. However, if you plan to drive, there is a parking garage, Franklin D. Reeves Center Garage,[masked]th Street NW, Washington DC). They are open up until 3 am and it costs $ 15 plus tax. Tel :[masked].
But, the event involves drinking and we highly recommend a taxi or a shared ride service. DRINK RESPONSIBLY.