addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Friendly Vegetarians & Vegans - KW Message Board › Scheduling Meetups

Scheduling Meetups

Ali
armedwithjello
Kitchener, ON
Hi everybody, happy new year!

I hope to see more Meetups scheduled in 2013.

I would like to request that if you schedule a Meetup, if lots of people have signed up for it, please DO NOT cancel it. If you can't attend yourself, that won't matter. Just post on the event page that you won't be able to make it, an the rest of the group will find each other at the venue. The only reason for cancellation should be a major problem (venue closed down, very dangerous weather, or if only a couple of people are signed up and the organiser can no longer attend.

People sign up for Meetups and turn down other plans in order to go. When organisers cancel repeatedly at the last moment, it erodes faith in our group. People will no longer commit to attending if it seems likely the Meetup will be cancelled.

Thank you to the volunteers who have planned Meetups so far, and to the members who have participated. I hope to see you at a Meetup sometime soon!

Ali