addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Front Range Voice Over Workshop Group Message Board › PBS VO article

PBS VO article

Mitch K.
user 12979088
Denver, CO
Post #: 17
Interesting position piece and comments. What do you think?

http://www.pbs.org/me...­
Geri C.
user 70927992
Aurora, CO
Post #: 5
many thx for the article, mitch. it was quite informative. i recall that, during our last meet, we briefly discussed keeping up vocal training, i.e., keep reading, aloud. and any reading will work, even articles from a newspaper.

in fact, b/ginning next wk, i'm rejoining volunteers at learning ally (formerly recording for the blind & dyslexic) in denver. it will be a 3-hr. shift, one evening/wk. although i'm excited about rejoining, i must say this article couldn't have come at a more appropriate time. you see, i remember how my voice would sometimes waiver after lengthy reads, even once a wk. (i was mostly assigned novels and/or historicals.) it's amazing how inappropriate training/stress can wreak havoc on one's vocal folds. now i can't wait to read up on tips for talents doing (or anticipating jobs in) narration and affiliated reads. many thx! geri
Mitch K.
user 12979088
Denver, CO
Post #: 19
Thanks, Geri.