Join us on our main meetup at Meetup.com/Fruitluck Pages
~ About this Fruitluck Meetup Group ~
A fruitluck is simply a potluck where only whole fresh ripe raw fruit (and vegetables) is brought.
Fruit's amazing because it's...
- relatively inexpensive
- better uncooked
- ready to eat with minimal to no prep
- the most vitamin-rich food there is
- the most mineral-rich food there is, after vegetables
- the highest calorie-per-acre crop, making it the most environmentally-friendly food there is
- naturally low-fat, except for avocados, coconut meat & durian
- easily digestible
- hydrating, except most dates
- fun to eat!
- rich in antioxidants
- easy to transport & keep fresh til it's fully ripe, thanks to its protective skin
- biodegradable and more importantly compostable
- high in quality carbs, which is what every cell in the body runs on
- filled with healthy proteins & fats
- a natural source to stay slim & active
- the sweetest unprocessed food there is
- Fruitluck is a labor of love. We’re all volunteers. No comments please that promote another agenda.
- Please respect the intentions of this meetup group, which are about gathering together in the hopes & dreams of eating a fruit-based diet at the highest level possible. Having these windows of time without any other food or drug distractions is very important to respect. For this reason, our requirement for attending, other than common decency, is that all participants while at the meetup do not show nor consume any food other than whole fresh ripe raw fruits and vegetables, and water. As well as, no wearing nor accessorizing with pro animal-exploitation messages or animal products (e.g., "Got Bacon?" shirts, feathers, fur, ivory, leather, pearls, silk, wool). If you feel you can't respect this, then please do not defy it in front of fellow attendees. If you've never experienced eating only whole fresh ripe raw fruits and vegetables for a few hours, please give yourself the gift of opportunity. It might become one of the greatest experiences of your life, if you allow it to happen! Since some meetups may occur in public spaces within larger public events, you may witness non-meetup participants consuming animals, cooked food or drugs, as well as wearing or exploiting animals.
- Please bring enough fruit to at least satisfy you. Preferably enough for 2 people. For example our founder Evan's satisfaction would be 10 bananas, a 12 lb watermelon, 8 mangoes, 5 lbs of grapes, 1-2 large red-fleshed papayas, 1-2 pineapples, or 15 oranges, though he eats a lot, but you get the idea.
- Bonus points for bringing exotic, heirloom & organic fruit!
- Keep it friendly! We're here to have a good time eating sweet fruits! This is a Safe Space. We will NOT tolerate any discrimination nor jokes about rape nor a person's age, class, disability, ethnicity, race, looks, national origin, gender, gender identity nor sexual orientation. If you engage in these behaviors you'll be asked to leave and not return.
- Take & post pictures of the deliciousness & smiling faces!
- Agree to our liability & media releases.