What we're about
Hi friends of Fullerton and beyond,
Looking for an opportunity to practice French in a casual, relaxed setting? Let's meet up! Find me (Madeline) every Wednesday and Friday evening at Dripp Coffee, downtown Fullerton on the outdoor patio at Dripp.
We have a reading circle Wednesday night followed by an hour-long conversation group. Fridays feature a short discussion group of the reading followed by the usual hour-long conversation group. You are invited to come to any combination of these events, as your availability permits.
***Here are just a few ground rules so we can make this the most enjoyable experience possible***
1) We are here to enjoy one another's, share our love of French, and practice to the best of our abilities.
2) We welcome all levels. Some have pointed out that this is an intermediate to advanced level group. That is absolutely not the case. Come with the level you have. Everyone, even advanced level speakers, have something to learn from others. By being speaking a foreign language with other people, you are making yourself vulnerable, which is a very brave and difficult thing to do! We are all here to help and support each other on our French-speaking journey.
Beginning speakers are absolutely welcome to come, contribute what or when they can, and observe and listen when they cannot. This truly is an all-levels group, and I do not want anyone to feel unwelcome.
3) With that being said, let's try to keep the English to an absolute minimum. It's okay if you get stuck and have to finish your thought in English. It creates a great opportunity to try to find the translation in French. I will kindly ask individuals to refrain from prolonged use of English.
4) WE ARE HERE TO HAVE FUN! This is a social group, not a classroom setting. Let's all take turns sharing the floor. Let's support each other, let's get to know each other. The book club portion is a more structured, educational event, to promote fluency, vocabulary building, critical thinking in French, and reading comprehension.
5) This is a free event. However, please, unless you have financial difficulties, grab a drink from Dripp. We want to be welcomed back to use their space. I won't ask questions if you do not buy a drink because that is your business, but whenever possible, please do so. Thank you so much.
I'm really glad a grateful for all of you Petit Croissants. Thank you for joining our group. I so much look forward to our meetings!