What we're about
We have an established 8-person NL Hold'em cash game (not tournament) . We're experienced players, but the buy-in/betting structure doesn't suit the pros. We're low-key, friendly and we don't take ourselves too seriously (we don't trash-talk, slow-roll, splash the pot, etc.). We play in my home in the Castro/Dolores Park area, on a regular basis and with a full table, every other Wednesday 7:30-10:30p. RSVPs open 13 days prior to each game at 12:01 a.m.
This game is for those who have a work/life schedule that allows them to make firm plans and to arrive on time. Players also need to have whatever modern technology and settings to receive Organizer Messages and to respond in a timely manner. I'm limited to 49 members so I remove people who can't work around these requirements - which is only fair for those who can.
*** House Rules ***
Players come around 7:20-7:25 to say hello and we start the games right at 7:30.
• $10 buy-in. 25c/50c blinds.
• Raise any amount (it doesn't have to be double the previous raise).
• Re-buys (2 max) only if/when you loose all your chips.
• The game ends at exactly 10:30. That's when everyone cashes out (it's impolite to cash out early). If you're owed more than an even dollar amount, I'll gratefully accept the change to help cover the Meetup fees.
• I kindly request that players refrain from using phones at the table and that you take all garbage & recycling with you.
•I don't serve drinks or snacks but feel free to bring something for yourself.
I have a friendly cat and there are 45 stairs to climb. I keep a fragrance-free household so I'm grateful when players refrain from using scented products.
Hope to see you soon!