Functional Brighton is a Brighton, UK meetup group that aims to bring together people interested in functional programming. We hope that it will complement London-based groups (eg. the London Scala User Group, Hoodlums, F#unctional Londoners, etc.), giving Londoners an excuse for a trip to the seaside and Brightonians some relief from the train.
After the very well attended first meeting we've settled on the third Tuesday of the month for meetups. Unless announced otherwise, we'll meet at The Skiff at 7pm.
Topics for future meetings could include,
- Essentials of functional programming
- Real world experiences with functional styles
- Mixing functional code into existing imperative/OOP codebases
- Functional programming language specifics: Scala, Haskell, F#, Erlang, Ocaml, Clojure, Scheme
- Functional idioms in non-functional languages
- Static vs. dynamic typing
- Concurrent, parallel and distributed computing in a functional style
- Data visualisation, scientific programming, numerical methods, optimisation and GPUs.
Welcome to Functional Brighton!
Dec 20, 2016 · 7:00 PM
Learn You a Haskell Reading Group: Part 5
More of Learn You a Haskell for Great Good:
• Input and Output
This is one chapter online, but may be split into two chapters if you have a print copy of the book.... Learn more
Nov 29, 2016 · 7:00 PM
Learn You a Haskell Reading Group: Part 4
Having "mastered" the first 6 chapters of Learn You a Haskell for Great Good, this time we will tackle:
• Making Our Own Types and Typeclasses
Remember to read... Learn more
Nov 15, 2016 · 7:00 PM
Learn You a Haskell Reading Group: Part 3
Functional Brighton has moved with The Skiff to the new Skiff office:30 Cheapside, Brighton, BN1 4GD.
The entrance is actually on Blackman Street (it still says... Learn more
Nov 1, 2016 · 7:00 PM
Learn You a Haskell Reading Group: Part 2
IMPORTANT - WE HAVE MOVED
Functional Brighton has moved with The Skiff to the new Skiff office: 30 Cheapside, Brighton, BN1 4GD.
The entrance is actually on Blackman... Learn more
Oct 18, 2016 · 7:00 PM
Learn You a Haskell Reading Group
Hi everyone. I thought we'd re-re-resurrect Functional Brighton in October with something a little different... a reading group.
Miran Lipovaca's Learn You a Haskell for... Learn more