Disregard the hype!
Believe in the promise, it really is here and it is time to put your people in place and form your action plan. Virtual Reality is going to transform the way we connect, communicate, educate and engage. Shauna Heller
This is a meetup is for people who are interested in the use of Virtual Reality for coaching processes and therapy.
Here you can learn and experience what VR can do to you. How it can influence your thoughts and behaviour.
We have some interesting speakers and fun and cool demo's for you to experience.
Do you want to demo or speak? Please leave a comment.
- Interested in the use of VR for coaching or therapy
- Coach/ therapist /psychologist/ psychiatrist
- Researcher/ Scientist
- App Developer
- Journalist/ documentary maker
- Someone with anxieties, e.g. fear of heights
=> Join the meetup! Max. 60 seats.
- Let the world know about the possibilities of coaching in combination with VR
- Sharing knowledge and ideas
- Inspiring each other
- Attract potential users of your app
- Connect software developers and users
The full agenda is to be announced. Here's the general schedule:
• 18:30 Walk in
• 19:00 - 20:00 Talks: people sharing knowledge
• 20:00 - 21:00 Various VR demo's on Oculus Rift, Gear VR and Cardboard
• 21:00 - 22:00 Time for makers and users to meet and discuss future possibilities about therapy and coaching
Yme Canter-Visscher from CleVR (http://clevr.net/nl/) specializes in creating complete and customized Virtual Reality (VR) solutions. CleVR delivers interactive custom built VR software and hardware for a wide range of purposes in the (Mental) Health Care sector (such as fear of heights, fear of flying, Psychosis and Social Phobia) and training sector, where the user is able to interact with the computer in a natural and intuitive way.
Roos Pot-Kolder from Parnassia (https://www.parnassia.nl/) GGZ Den Haag, is using an application made by CleVR and is presenting the best test results.
Benno Brado and Marijke Sjollema from The Dolphin Swim Club (http://www.thedolphinswimclub.com/) Swimming and meeting with dolphins and whales appeals to almost everyone's imagination. People who have experienced it speak of an indescribable feeling. With the arrival of the technology of Virtual Reality, a new ocean of possibilities has opened up. Instead of bringing people to the wild dolphins, we can now bring the dolphins to them.
1. CleVR and Parnassia (http://clevr.net/nl/)
2. Swimming with the Dolphins The Dolphin Swim club (http://www.thedolphinswimclub.com/)
3. Fear of speech and extreme shyness Dana-Maria (http://dana-maria.nl/virtuele-bril/)
4. Fear of spiders (http://itsyvr.com/) (Yorick )
5. Joost (http://www.vrbeelding.nl/) Bosschert: I will be showing how Virtual Reality can be used for sports coaching. It is a versatile addition to an athlete's regular training, not only for improving technique, but also for focus and mental preparation. In the demo you will be standing on a tennis court or a softball field and experience various aspects of the game. A Microsoft Kinect tracks your movements and a Samsung Gear VR lets you experience the training.
6. The Grocery Store. Using HTC Vive Pre you can walk around and play around with the various objects in the grocery store. Pascal (http://serrarens.nl/passervr/) Serranes
7. Interactive agent. Using the Kinect, a computer controlled human agent will scan and react on his environment. Pascal Serranes (http://serrarens.nl/passervr/)
8. Improve your speaking skills as Speech Center coaches you through a hostile audience and scanning attention around the room.
You can buy Good food and drinks at the a bar/restaurant!
Let's create a great meetup together!
(See previous edition -> VR Den Haag, Future Is Now! (http://www.meetup.com/Future-Is-Now-VR-Coaching-Virtual-Reality-The-Hague/events/226301455/))