This is a group dedicated for diverse moviegoers and seers!
1. Every participant nominates a movie for everyone to watch. Since the NCOV breakout, all of us are just staying at home. Netflix or YouTube will be our main "movie source" so everyone can access the movies.
2. The movie to be chosen should be non-offensive to any culture, race, age, or gender nor should not glorify racism or violence of any form.
3. We can choose a movie in any language as long as there's an English subtitle for inclusivity's sake.
4. We will be meeting every two weeks. This is a Zoom online event that lasts for an hour.
5. This needs at least 3 participants for the meetup to push through or else, it will be cancelled. RSVP'ing is a must.
6. We will be discussing the film in the following format: Context - Think about the culture, time, and place of the film’s creation. What might the film say about the culture that created it? - What were/are the social and political concerns of the time period? - How does the meaning of the film change when seen outside of its culture? - Is the movie accurate to the time period?
Audio-Visual - Think about lighting, soundscape, soundtrack, directorial shots - What effects are created in a scene, and what is their purpose? - How does the film attempt to achieve its goal by the way it looks, and does it succeed?
Acting - Think about the actors and the whole ensemble - How did the actors play in the success of the storytelling? - Were the actors effective in their roles? - Any scenes that you like to highlight that captured a specific emotion?
Narrative - Think about the story - Was the story successful in bringing out the theme? - Any scenes that you like to highlight that captured a specific emotion? - Is the story balanced or biased?
As soon as we have at least 5 participants, I will email again for the first MOVIE that we will be fuzzing over and the Zoom link.