3 days ago · 6:30 PM
This location is shown only to members
On December 6th GDG Cloud will hold it's first Kubernetes hand-on workshop. The workshop was written by acclaimed Kelsey Hightower and you will learn how to:
• Provision a basic Kubernetes cluster from the ground up on Container Engine (GKE)
• Deploy and manage Docker containers using kubectl
Kubernetes is all about applications and in this section you will utilize the Kubernetes API to deploy, manage, and upgrade applications. In the workshop you will use an example application called "app" to complete the labs.
• Workshop Setup
• Containerizing your application
• Creating and managing pods
• Monitoring and health checks
• Managing application configurations and secrets
• Creating and managing services
• Creating and managing deployments
• Rolling out updates
If you heard a lot about Kubernetes but never had the chance to get your hands dirty, now is the time. Thanks to g-company Belgium ( http://g.company/ ) for hosting. They will also provide pizza and some drinks.
We'll start at exactly 19:00 (doors open 18:30) and don't forget your laptop.