We are back after a long break and ready to host a new event! This time we will share the knowledge of Git version control system.
Speaker: Jevgenijs Saveljevs
Workshop is aimed to give an understanding of inner-workings of Git and it’s Object Model. Afterwards, we will go through basic Git commands.
Git is mostly used for source code management in Software Development. Basically it is extremely useful for group of the developers to work on the same project at the same time. Don’t miss it! We also won’t forget about stickers!
Need to bring:
- Install IDE or code editor of your choice. Suggestion is to install a Visual Studio Code: https://code.visualstudio.com/. It is free and has large choice of add-ons.
- Install Git: https://git-scm.com/
- Install NodeJS: https://nodejs.org/en/
- Register on GitLab: https://about.gitlab.com/
(!) If you will have any difficulties in preparation, don’t worry, we will go through it together!
Need to know:
- Workshop is absolutely free for everyone!
- Food and drinks will be provided
After the workshop we will take an opportunity to talk about our upcoming events, as well as you will have a possibility to suggest your own ideas!
We also will head to the cafe afterwards, feel free to join :)