Google Developer Groups (GDGs) are local groups of developers who are specifically interested in Google products and APIs. GDG Port of Spain is the official chapter for Trinidad and Tobago. GDG chapters host a variety of technical activities for developers - from just a few people getting together to watch our latest videos, to large gatherings with demos and tech talks, to hackathons.
Google Developers supports and recognizes GDG chapters, but doesn’t own or manage them.
Disclaimer: GDG Port of Spain is an independent group; our activities and the opinions expressed here should in no way be linked to Google, the corporation. To learn more about the GDG program, visit https://developers.google.com/groups/
ABOUT THE SUMMIT
DATE: Saturday 18th April, 2020
TIME: 9AM to 5PM
VENUE: Government Campus Plaza Auditorium
Our Inaugural Women Techmakers IWD (International Womens Summit will provide an innovative and dynamic environment for the promotion and exchange of STEM and Digital Career and Personal Development Knowledge that will include:
- #IamRemarkable Workshop - by Google
- Core training in workshops designed by Google in critical and competitive skillsets to advance our local community;
- The examination of best practices in the areas of Inclusion, Diversity and Mental Health within the Technology industry
- Panel discussion on the psychological and cultural workplace barriers experienced in implementing inclusion and diversity
- Introduction to Mindfulness as a professional practice to enhance wellness and competitiveness
- Lightning Talks featuring innovators and influencers and their projects
Women Techmakers Trinidad and Tobago has chosen as our International Women's Day Summit theme, "Seat at the Table".
Our primary objective this year is to build our community's capacity to compete and progress in this rapidly growing industry where women are poised to play a significant role in our region's impact on the global market, and take their seat at the table in the design and implementation of our economic and technological future.
WHO SHOULD COME
We are hoping to engage a strong core community of women techmakers alongside gender friendly participation from the following groups:
Existing Women Techmakers Members
Existing GDG Port of Spain Members
STEM students - high school & university]
Digital Artists & Designers
Animators and Editors
Gender Equity Stakeholder Representatives
Gender Parity Stakeholder Representatives
Civil Society Leaders
To reach us please email [masked]
or call us at[masked]