Have you ever wondered how to write an Android app? Is it as easy as some people say?
Let’s find out together at this workshop organised by Women Techmakers Latvia!
In this event we will:
- learn about basic parts that make up any Android app;
- learn some Kotlin - official and awesome programming language for Android development;
- create a simple note taking app to have hands-on experience.
Programming experience is not required, but it will be an advantage.
- laptop with Android studio installed (d.android.com/studio);
- Android phone and USB wire to connect it to your laptop.
Because first run of the application may require extra downloads and since conference space Wi-Fi is usually pretty limited it is preferable to do basic project setup. Just click through (Next, next, next, finish, wait, Run->Run). Do not be discouraged if you do not understand something, it is not important right now, just make it run - https://developer.android.com/studio/projects/create-project
Workshop could be held in English/Latvian/Russian (depending on attendee preference) and led by Sergejs Luhmirins - Android developer at Chili Labs (https://chi.lv/).
Where? Baltic Beach Hotel & SPA, Jūras iela 23/25, Jurmala-2015
When? November 17, 10:00 – 14:00
I have been developing Android applications in multiple companies over last 5+ years. Tinkering with Kotlin from the first public releases and using it in production applications for the last few years. Occasionally giving presentations about Kotlin related topics at local developer meetups.