Dr. John D. Halamka is the International Healthcare Innovation Professor at Harvard Medical School and Executive Director of the Beth Israel Lahey Health Technology Exploration Center.
Dr. Halamka has wide-ranging interests in Healthcare Information Technology. He will cover these topics:
- How can interoperability let us make better use of Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence?
- How can we foster the culture of evidence-based medicine and can ML and AI help with that?
- Can we achieve the Learning Healthcare system envisioned by the National Academy of Medicine?
- How do we transition the healthcare system from the fee-for-service model to value-based care? And what is the role of IT in that transition?
- How can new technologies like blockchain help solve some of these challenges, and when are they not the right solution?
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Anyone from academia, industry or government interested in machine learning, APIs, mobile, cloud, and internet of things in healthcare should attend this session.
SPEAKER'S BIO SKETCH
Please see details here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1zKZLiHeFYfw3BY34VjTbQstV7TdwURgk
5:30 pm - Arrive, socialize, food
6:00 pm - Announcements
6:15 pm - Presentation
7:15 pm - Q&A
7:30 pm - Networking
8:00pm - Finish
Special thanks to athenahealth for the meeting space and refreshments for this event.